Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ramsey
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi,

I don't understand how this attack works: "Once per attack, the Gargoyle re-rolls all of its missed Fight Dice rolls to hit."

Does the Diving Attack only happen during one fight/showdown round, or does it happen in every fight/showdown round?

I'm just confused about what 'attack' means in "once per attack". Is the 'attack' the entire fight, or is the attack one fight/showdown round?

And more generally, does it just mean that any 'miss' rolls are re-rolled? Or do all 'miss' rolls automatically become hits?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidRamsey1234 wrote:
Hi,

I don't understand how this attack works: "Once per attack, the Gargoyle re-rolls all of its missed Fight Dice rolls to hit."

Does the Diving Attack only happen during one fight/showdown round, or does it happen in every fight/showdown round?

I'm just confused about what 'attack' means in "once per attack". Is the 'attack' the entire fight, or is the attack one fight/showdown round?

And more generally, does it just mean that any 'miss' rolls are re-rolled? Or do all 'miss' rolls automatically become hits?

Thanks!

An attack is each engagement with each hero. So in afour player co-op he will attack four times each showdown round.

For his Diving Attack he gets to reroll all of his misses. It's simpler than you would think by the wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ramsey
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Chuck, thanks for the help. Part of my confusion was due to playing solo. Appreciate the info!
best,
David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chuck -- that's how I play it as well. However, I also agree it could have been worded better. I guess it means "Once per Fight Round, Gargoyle re-rolls all of its Fight Dice that missed".

I never noticed the confusion before, but I see it now. Actually, in a thematic sense, it would make more sense for the Gargoyle to use this ability only on the FIRST round of any fight. After that, he's on the ground and can no longer dive. I guess you have to picture the continuous diving as more of a swooping attack where he flies back up afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.