first last
msg tools
If Weiss's AT-ST must not leave the hangar, he can't hit three positions on tile 24A, the ones sharing a wall with the hangar. So the rebels can hide there and rest all they want, as long as at least one of them is not wounded yet. At this point in the campagne, they will obviously kill anything smaller than an AT-ST, that comes their way, before it gets dangerous, and while Weiss can regenerate a bit for himself, the rebels can move to a door, shoot him and move back, as often as it takes. The only hope might be to gather up a horde of troops, while Weiss is under fire, and swarm in, to take one rebel at a time. In a game with two rebels (with two activations and ridiculous amounts of health) this also proofed useless, and the imperial had to give up, because a win wasn't even theoretically possible. What are we missing to make this mission work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
first last
msg tools
Of course this be no problem, if the rebels only bring knives to the gunfight. Haha. Let's assume there are one or two ranged weapons with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Use other units than General Weiss, but expect that any experienced rebels will win the mission.

I think I lasted pretty long in:
10.PBF SWIA010: Chain of Command (6mb)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
first last
msg tools
So there really are blind spots for our poor general (24A, his "office", the rebels startpoint)? I was hoping for You to tell me, that he can stick 2 of his tiles out of the hangar or something like that. It's a little disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
24A is not the only tile where rebels can hide from General Weiss (they can hide in 22A and 28A as well), but why should they even bother? It doesn't take many shots to defeat General Weiss if the rebels have at least one high-damage dealer, and General Weiss can only attack once per activation, once per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're generating 8 or 10 threat per round, and deploying troops in positions that are hidden from where the rebels are hiding, you can somewhat wait them out, particularly if you used your open groups to bring in another cheap unit or two to help you control activations. At some point one of the rebels will have to expose themselves to take a shot at Weiss, and then you can bring all of your power to bear on the hero to wound it before it can take another activation.

I think this is one of the few missions where it's a good strategy to withdraw a hero, rather than going straight for wounding everyone - due to Weiss' ability to recover health, you can potentially win the long game if you completely eliminate the rebels' biggest damage dealer. That task is a lot harder if you're facing Legendary heroes though (you almost might as well just wound both and win).

It's definitely not an easy mission for the Imperial player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
first last
msg tools
Thanks for your thoughts. Today the rebels blew up my AT-ST in round 3 No hiding this time. No problem, though: I won the finale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.