Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Jones
United Kingdom
Woodbridge
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 11 of the rules, there is a "helpful tip" reminding us that a Hero must be discarded after a raid, whether or not their ability was used. But I can see no such requirement in the rules themselves. Am I missing something, or is this an extra rule hidden within the tip?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem here. I missed it couple first games. It seems you have to discard your leader after a raid or after using his/her power (sometimes it's linked).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Dorrington
United Kingdom
Dorchester
Dorset
flag msg tools
Played this last night and found out the hard way.
An important rule missing from the Raid Action rules that is only mentioned as a reminder tip at the back page of the rule book.
The hero offer was hardly moving at all and we thought something was up. Still after we found out the error of our ways it made the game totally different.
Totally enjoyed the game though it was really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes, I'm super sorry that this rule slipped through the cracks. You are correct, the Hint references a rule that isn't explicitly mentioned: a Hero can be used with his Special Ability during a Raid if its a Raid Ability, and can be expended for his Special Ability if it doesn't have the "Raid" keyword. If you go on a Raid, the requirement is that you use your Hero, and when you do it, he or she gets discarded after supplying you with a symbol.

You discard the Hero even if you ended up not needing the symbol.

I'm glad you're liking the game despite some confusion, and again, sorry for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Vaccari
Italy
Paderno Dugnano
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is wonderful, despite the confusion... and sometimes are the players that have confusion in their mind!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.