Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have workers on a home base, can you deploy a mech there?

Came up last night, and I couldn't find a clarification in the rules. I figured no, because you are supposed to deploy on a territory you have a worker on, and a home base is not defined as a territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that you could, your mechs go there after a failed battle, if you got your workers all pushed back to the base it seems reasonable that you might need a mech to get them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct AJ. A home base is not a territory, so you can't deploy a mech there. Pretty cut and dry.

Page 4, under Home Base states that Home Base is not a territory.

Page 15, under Deploy it states that you place that mech on a territory you control with at least one worker on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Opp
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
Yup, I'd say we have to believe that the consistent terminology used is on purpose. The home base is not a territory. Mechs must be built on territories. If all of your workers are on your home base, you cannot produce a mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would normally agree that the terminology should be consistent, but if we go by a literal reading of the rules then you're unable to move off of your home base, as the movement rule specifies territories as well.

Move : Move up to 2 different units you control (character, worker, or mech) from one territory to one adjacent territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You may only deploy a mech on a territory (a home base is not a territory), and you can certainly move units off of your home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
You may only deploy a mech on a territory (a home base is not a territory), and you can certainly move units off of your home base.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.