Crisis» Forums » General

Subject: Early Bird Disparity too large to back. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Shipp

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
I am not a fan of early birds in general but often just deal with that fact I do not watch KS everyday and pay the extra 5-10$, normally a 10-15% difference, but this one is crazy; A 15$ difference and the earlier tiers get a break on shipping. This means I am paying 30% more then other people getting the same product, not counting the shipping cost difference.

I guess I will watch and see if a 49$ slot opens but if not this one is a pass, which is sad because it looked like a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor you not backing the game anytime in the last 14 days when the Early Bird price was available .. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference is only $10 between Founder and Investor levels. There are no shipping differences.

Realistically, almost all of the Founder slots were taken by newsletter subscribers, since the campaign hit its funding goal in 8 or 9 hours, before there was any other publicity (not even on the LudiCreations social media accounts), so the practical difference is $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shipp

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
moocifer wrote:
Poor you not backing the game anytime in the last 14 days when the Early Bird price was available .. cry
Not poor me poor game as I am sure this cost more backers then me. I did notice it last week but the title turned me off (Serious Gamer), it was watching Rahdos' Video that brought me to the campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shipp

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
Kyellan wrote:
The difference is only $10 between Founder and Investor levels. There are no shipping differences.

Realistically, almost all of the Founder slots were taken by newsletter subscribers, since the campaign hit its funding goal in 8 or 9 hours, before there was any other publicity (not even on the LudiCreations social media accounts), so the practical difference is $5.
Both Founder and Supporter say they include a shipping discount where as Investor and Tycoon do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I with you that the early bird does seem a bit excessive and pushing me towards not backing the game. At this point I figure if the game is awesome it will get much more great press and I'll just pick it up at retail. But not like they are offering stretch goals so seems like no one really cares if it costs them backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping costs are the same in all levels (between $5 and $15 depending on which country you live). You can also get the basic edition for only $39.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am debating dropping an EB to grab the basic. I think the basic may be easier to play with more easily stackable resources to fit in on the boards better, just not as pretty but more playable (imo not off any experience). So that'd be one opening up if I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.