GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,594 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
106 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Early Impressions of Seven Springs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wbc [+] [View All]
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brandysta wrote:
The beer taps worked.

Who cares about anything else.

And took less then 5 minutes to be served.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Statalyzer wrote:
Quote:
The shuttle worked out really well.

Not for people flying in the opening Saturday it didn't.

What was the issue here?

(I red-eyed in over Friday night and showed up at the Hotel before the first tournaments I cared about started (noon), but I was certainly concerned about possible shuttle delays)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Duffy

Virginia
msg tools
brandysta wrote:
The beer taps worked.

Who cares about anything else.

More variety would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yope
United States
Saint Clair
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main negative for me was not having an end of the day bar lounging spot like we had in the Host. If they would open the Foggy Goggle as the casual hang out, that would be awesome!

From the food angle, I will have to bring something with me to cover those evenings when my gaming schedule messes with my ability to get a dinner in or a late night bite. I got caught a couple of times and was forced to go to bed hungry.

I really did like the upgraded breakfast buffet as that is where I pack it in for the day. And yes I paid more for the dinners at Timbers, but I knew that going in.

Everything else was a positive. Including a shorter drive (6.5 hrs vs 9.5 hrs).

I would only do the full nine days at the Host every third year or so, but I did nine this year and will do it again next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoper wrote:
The main negative for me was not having an end of the day bar lounging spot like we had in the Host. If they would open the Foggy Goggle as the casual hang out, that would be awesome!

+1

It was open when I was over there for the 7 Wonders Duel tournament on Sunday night. I think we could definitely give them enough business to keep it open every night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bar by Timbers was open into the night, I thought. I was there around 11pm and they had live music a few times. It wasn't as open a spot like the Host to people watch...it was secluded and dark. But you could chill there and drink.

Oddly enough, locals were in there a few times when I was there. The prices were high and seemed like a hike for regulars...my local joint is three blocks away with $2 drafts.

But maybe that is what is available out there. Or maybe there was local housing closer than I thought.

At any rate, you could get late night drinks if you wanted.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.