Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true that you do not have "presence" on a "troop space" where you have a troop, unless there is another troop adjacent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You might be confusing presence at a site with presence at a route space:

"You have Presence...
• At any site where you have a spy, a troop, or a troop in a space adjacent to that site.
• At any troop space on a route if that space is adjacent to a site or space where you have a troop."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I am. But please help me.

I have exactly one troop on one troop space. Do I have presence on the space where the troop is sitting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it in on a route? I would say yes, you do have presence at any place where you have a single troop, including a route space.

But the thing is, I believe there's no case where you need presence at a route space, it's enough that you have presence next to it (for instance to deploy or assasinate troops).

Do you have an example were you need presence at the route space and not next to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving.

Though, perhaps there is no card which moves your own troops, only enemies'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand now. I know only of cards that allow movement of enemy troops, but if there's any that allows for movement of your own then apparently your troop in a route space could only move if adjacent to any other of your troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Veen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
LemonyFresh wrote:
Is it true that you do not have "presence" on a "troop space" where you have a troop, unless there is another troop adjacent?

What interaction does this matter for? What you need presence for is troop placement (you already have a troop there), moving enemy pieces (you are not an enemy piece), assassinate/supplant (can't do that to your own pieces). I can't think of a card we included where you'd need presence for any reason on a route space with a lone troop, but I'd love to answer your specific question if I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it was hashed out above. It was just a bit odd to grok when you're reading through the rules, not knowing what all the cards are, trying to understand where presence is.

However, if you're (hopefully!) thinking about expansions, keep in mind that currently the rules imply that a troop doesn't have presence on its own space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is also the case I encounted when reading rules. So if I have a troop in a site,but I don't have prsense there?That seems ridiculous to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fenghuoma wrote:
This is also the case I encounted when reading rules. So if I have a troop in a site,but I don't have prsense there?That seems ridiculous to me.

If u have a troop at a site, then you do have presence there.
Regards, Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.