Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KiryuEX
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I'm just a guy looking for people to play board/card/tabletop games with in Springfield. I've really gotten into these kinds of games recently, and I have purchased several already. But I don't really have anyone to play with. I've never been very good at socializing or making friends. All of the games I own I've either only played once or not at all.

What I want is a group of at least 3 other people who can and want to play games on a regular basis (at least once a week). Preferably at one or more of the game stores in Springfield (Titan Games, Die Hard Games, Capital City Games, etc.), though once I get to know you, maybe we could play at your place (I can't host). While I want to play my games, I am also open to trying your games as well. And if we hit it off, I'd like to try and be friends. I do have some preferences on people:

*non-smokers (maybe light smokers):
I have a rather sensitive sense of smell, and I'd like to keep my game components (and other people's) from smelling like tobacco.

*decent hygiene (particularly hands):
Similar to above. I can be rather protective and OCD about my stuff, and I'd like make them last.

*"serious" gamers:
People who actually want to play games. I don't mind conversation or small talk (I rather like it actually). But if you spend the whole time just talking and goofing off, it kinda defeats the purpose of getting together to play games.

*kindness, patience, and understanding:
As I mentioned before, I'm not a very sociable person. I'm actually very nice and polite, though rather withdrawn and shy. This means there are certain personality types I don't mess well with (i.e. jerks).

FYI, I do not play the Magic the Gathering TCG. No offense to those that enjoy it, but to me it's a money pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.