Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Do you know any other games besides "Princes of Florence" and "Castles of Mad King Ludwig" that got nicer art in Europe than in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
Settlers of Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders. Its not censored. Im sure there are more examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The stuff that Iello licenses like For Sale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got a copy of Fungi because it not only looked prettier than Morels, but it also was all card based instead of using chipboard counters. I like having everything as just a deck of cards. Additionally, the cards are more functional with the number of cards in the deck at the top.

The US version is too cartoony - but had they gone and made it a cartoony/watercolor/artistic Faerie Deck instead with a fey folk theme reinforced, I would have gotten that. If only I were a better artist...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory to Rome looks quite nice in the European versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I can pimp my old Geeklist for this thread!

Looks better abroad..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
I got a copy of Fungi because it not only looked prettier than Morels, but it also was all card based instead of using chipboard counters. I like having everything as just a deck of cards. Additionally, the cards are more functional with the number of cards in the deck at the top.

The US version is too cartoony - but had they gone and made it a cartoony/watercolor/artistic Faerie Deck instead with a fey folk theme reinforced, I would have gotten that. If only I were a better artist...

Also prefer Fungi over Morels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
IMO, the original version of Mysterium, Tajemnicze Domostwo, has much more interesting who/where/what card art (the dream cards are the same). It also is a simpler, more family friendly game than the new version. I have no idea why they felt the need to complicate the design and replace the original card art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.