J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Former Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has died at the age of 67 following a heart attack.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17124739/dennis-green-form...

He will always be who we thought he was.

Rest in Peace, Coach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He will be missed.

Those Vikings teams he coached were fantastic fun to watch. Lots of character, and really aggressive on offense. Any play could be a big one. He was a fantastic offensive mind, and a top-tier evaluator of talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Had 8 winning seasons out of 10 for the Vikings. Was as good a human being as he was a coach as well. I'm proud to say he coached my Vikings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
And runningback (and later runningback coach) for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Guy had a full life but still died too young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
His greatest accomplishment may well be that in his eleven seasons with the Vikings he had eight different quarterbacks start games.

Rich Gannon, Sean Salisbury, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chony McChuukface
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He did not have the success in AZ that he did in Minnesota, but he laid the groundwork for all the success AZ has been enjoying. Before Denny Green, it was a giant mess and had been for decades.

RIP Coach
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
His greatest accomplishment may well be that in his eleven seasons with the Vikings he had eight different quarterbacks start games.

Rich Gannon, Sean Salisbury, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper.

10 seasons. 10 QBs. Todd Bouman. Spergon Wynn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.