Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
Up, down, up
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to get this party started! Appears that Uleyle Kimbhe and Amon Elcela are in if the L99 update emails are to be believed. Who do you hope makes the cut? My fingers are crossed for Dravil Coldwater. How excited are you?

Poll
This excited:
1-9...please leave the BattleCON boards.
10!! Moar BattleCON!!
This one goes to 11.
      22 answers
Poll created by CarlK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Twelve should be making an appearance...

This one really snick up on me. I didn't know there was more due for this year, and then bam! Trials!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going to be a small box like Fate or bigger like War? Or absolutely enormous like Devastation? I'm hoping for small, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
Is this going to be a small box like Fate or bigger like War? Or absolutely enormous like Devastation? I'm hoping for small, personally.

Fate-size AFAIK, 10 fighters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up for more, but can we please fix the game name? "Battlecon" is really bugging me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with the name BattleCON?
Do you have an alternate, other than Indines, as my group tens to call it?

Just curious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The title on this game page says Battlecon, not BattleCON like everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:
BuckWilde wrote:

Everything will be Fate-sized from now on, even the future re-release of Devastation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah!

Well, I went ahead and submitted the fix.
If you see things like that, feel free to do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
DomHiob wrote:
BuckWilde wrote:

Everything will be Fate-sized from now on, even the future re-release of Devastation.

Whoa, cool. How with the Devastation thing work? Just break it up into 4 different sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuckWilde wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:
DomHiob wrote:
BuckWilde wrote:

Whoa, cool. How with the Devastation thing work? Just break it up into 4 different sets?

I... Hope he's being silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oggeymoggel wrote:
I... Hope he's being silly.
If you are talking about the next release of Devastation, Brad said they were going to break it down and drop a lot of the extra content stuff. I think they have found it too big to sell effectively to the wider market. This is why Fate and other newer sets are going to be small.

Edit: Here is where he says it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
Up, down, up
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
The title on this game page says Battlecon, not BattleCON like everything else.

I noticed that. Is it editable by anyone? No idea who created the page, and it too bugs me every time I see it.

Edit: I found how to put in for an edit of the title, waiting on Admin to update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to chime in and say the new little touches on BattleCON are really appealing. Storage was always fiddly, so having the bases and all items in individual tuck boxes is a big plus for me.

After Exceed (which is soooo good) I was worried BattleCON would slowly disappear from my collection, but based on this new set I think not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
Just wanted to chime in and say the new little touches on BattleCON are really appealing. Storage was always fiddly, so having the bases and all items in individual tuck boxes is a big plus for me.

After Exceed (which is soooo good) I was worried BattleCON would slowly disappear from my collection, but based on this new set I think not.

Well, i don't have exceed so i can't share your opinion about it, but having bases for each char or general really dont change anything that much. I managed to cram everything on the devastation box, including some PnP, with room to spare, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
Rook96 wrote:

Well, i don't have exceed so i can't share your opinion about it, but having bases for each char or general really dont change anything that much. I managed to cram everything on the devastation box, including some PnP, with room to spare, so...

I did not think so either, at least before I got Exceed. But because in Exceed every character has everything needed to play, you can just pick up a character and start. So being able to do the same with BattleCON will be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Would rather have quality components and a reduced cost than have a set of bases included with every character. Merging a character with a set of bases has always been at the heart of the game's design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.