Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Highfill
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my monster figures has a bent base--more than just slightly off. The problem is that I had the minis painted professionally before seeing the set. It's not a huge deal, and he still stands on his own. I just didn't know if it was an easy fix. I am aware of the boiling water dip to cold water trick, but will that affect the paint? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hot/Cold water trick could cause paint to crack and chip.

I have done this before....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a hair dryer to heat them up and make them pliable and then cold water to set on my bent figures. not sure how paint would hold up to that though. A lot would depend on the type of pain, how thick it was, if you clear coated it and other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Highfill
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I used a hair dryer to heat them up and make them pliable and then cold water to set on my bent figures. not sure how paint would hold up to that though. A lot would depend on the type of pain, how thick it was, if you clear coated it and other things.

Thanks. I think I'll just leave it. I don't want to sacrifice a great paint job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
If its just a little you could sand your base down from the bottom to make it flat. If its a lot you could risk hitting it with a blow drier just to make it soft enough for you to press down and hold it there while it cools off ( No need for cold water)

What Rick says is very true. If you have to flex the plastic by a lot the paint wont stretch and will split ( crack). If its just a tiny bit then it should be ok. Make sure to heat it from the bottom up.

( I mean under the base so your not blowing hot air towards the unpainted section)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.