7 Posts

Ghostbusters: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Does Marshmallow Man Lose the stream if he on top lines? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Moyes

Nevada
msg tools
Does Marshmallow Man If he lands on top of the red, yellow and orange lines do we loose the stream if he on top of it because he so big? Also does ability get reset after the end of the round? Because here is ghostbuster we play Ego, Ray, Peter, and winston. We use peter and winston level 5 ability but I want to know if the end of the round reset it and we not able to use winston level 5 even peter level 5?

Thank you,
Christopher Moyes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gatorchron wrote:
Does Marshmallow Man If he lands on top of the red, yellow and orange lines do we loose the stream if he on top of it because he so big? Also does ability get reset after the end of the round? Because here is ghostbuster we play Ego, Ray, Peter, and winston. We use peter and winston level 5 ability but I want to know if the end of the round reset it and we not able to use winston level 5 even peter level 5?

As long as any part of Stay Puft is in a square on the same side of the yellow or red lines as your Ghostbuster, you won't lose your stream.

I don't know what you mean by ability being "reset" at the end of the round. Are you asking if your XP gets reset? When you play a full campaign, you should keep track of the XP between scenarios, and when you get full and unlock the level 5 abilities, you will keep those for the rest of that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Moyes

Nevada
msg tools
What I mean about the ability reset say like wiston is a last person turn to play and use his level 5 "all ghostbuster move action are increased by 1 space. Once he is done and then is roll event die and then and is the other ghostbuster turn. What I am saying after ghostbuster use there level 5 and then roll event die and ability reset and then other ghostbuster can't use it? Like I say am Egon and Ray and Peter and Winston then event die. I want to know Ability reset when the round is over? Anyways so the Stay Puft do not leave the stream if they on the lines or bottom of the lines?

Thank you,
Christopher Moyes

XeyneGaming wrote:
gatorchron wrote:

As long as any part of Stay Puft is in a square on the same side of the yellow or red lines as your Ghostbuster, you won't lose your stream.

I don't know what you mean by ability being "reset" at the end of the round. Are you asking if your XP gets reset? When you play a full campaign, you should keep track of the XP between scenarios, and when you get full and unlock the level 5 abilities, you will keep those for the rest of that scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gatorchron wrote:
What I mean about the ability reset say like wiston is a last person turn to play and use his level 5 "all ghostbuster move action are increased by 1 space. Once he is done and then is roll event die and then and is the other ghostbuster turn. What I am saying after ghostbuster use there level 5 and then roll event die and ability reset and then other ghostbuster can't use it? Like I say am Egon and Ray and Peter and Winston then event die. I want to know Ability reset when the round is over? Anyways so the Stay Puft do not leave the stream if they on the lines or bottom of the lines?

The level 5 ability isn't "used". It's passive, always "on". It benefits all four Ghostbusters, all the time on all Ghostbuster's turns, once earned.

And you do not lose your streams from Stay Puft if he is standing across the middle of a yellow or red line. But if he moves one space over and the yellow or red line ends up between your Ghostbusters and Stay Puft, you will lose your streams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Moyes

Nevada
msg tools
So what are u saying the others egon and ray and peter can't use winston level 5 after we roll the event die? So we have to use winston level 5 when he is 1st player?

XeyneGaming wrote:
gatorchron wrote:

The level 5 ability isn't "used". It's passive, always "on". It benefits all four Ghostbusters, all the time on all Ghostbuster's turns, once earned.

And you do not lose your streams from Stay Puft if he is standing across the middle of a yellow or red line. But if he moves one space over and the yellow or red line ends up between your Ghostbusters and Stay Puft, you will lose your streams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorchron wrote:
So what are u saying the others egon and ray and peter can't use winston level 5 after we roll the event die? So we have to use winston level 5 when he is 1st player?

No what he is saying is once you have reached level 5 all players can use Winston's ability at all times. Winston does not have to be 1st player. Rolling the event die doesn't "end the ability". The ability is just always on. Winston doesn't activate it each turn, it is just automatically available to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gatorchron wrote:

No. What I'm saying is that you don't need to "use" these abilities, they are always "on". Instead of being activated abilities, they are more like modifications to the rules of the game.

"All Ghostbusters move actions are increased by 1" means all the time, during every Ghostbuster's turn, they get +1 space to their move. Zeddemore can go last in the turn order and the other three Ghostbusters can still move 3 spaces for their move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.