Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grim Reaping fate card is an invoked card which gives +1d6 to combat (white sword) and +1d6 to physical wounds for one turn.

This means I add one more d6 to my combat dice (e.g. for a total of 2 in basic single combat) and keep the best result, and

if I roll high and win the combat round I add one d6 roll of extra wounds to the creature, i.e. 1+(1-6) wounds.

Is that right?

Also, if I withdraw from a lair and the random hex I end up on is a stronghold, does the guardian activate and attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Two great questions!

The Grim Reaping card is the most powerful combat card in the deck. When invoked, you get a bonus of +1d6 added to your CR (so, roll a 4 on 1d6 and you get +4 to your CR) and a bonus of +1d6 added to physical wounds delivered (so, roll a 5 on 1d6 and get +5 physical wounds delivered).

As for withdrawing onto a stronghold hex... Yes, the Guardian will immediately attack! But, you are still able to fight or withdraw. So, you could use the first combat phase to flee again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim - I actually played it as you stated then started having doubts as the card is really powerful!

As for the guardian, I suppose if you were really unlucky with the random hex rolls you could just bounce back and forth between the lair and the stronghold, defending desperately as your life tokens drained away .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.