Max M.
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine is offering me to buy a copy of the first print run of this game. Now I know there were some issues with some cards / components of the first print run. Do you know which they were? Will they be fixed if I buy a copy of the lost legion expansion (provided wizkids decides to print it again)? In the end, would you buy it or it's better I get a copy of the last print run?

I'm new to the game so I'm asking you experts for advice..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bjärnemalm
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I might have some answers for you anyway.

According to a newsletter I got from Wizkids last month they are doing a reprint of Mage Knight and all it's expansions, planned to hit retail by the end of this month.

Secondly, in the Lost Legion that I have there were some cards and tokens included that were replacing the erroneous ones in the first print of Mage Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max M.
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply, I'm still doubtful though. Will they include replacements in next print runs of LL as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bjärnemalm
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Send them a mail and ask. Hopefully they'll answer that question for you, and then you know.
If they are including it in the newest print run then I see now reason why not to buy your friends copy, as long as you also plan to buy Lost Legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolis Koutsikos

Athens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The replacement cards and tokens in Lost Legion are not due to errors; they merely have been reworked/remade to work better with the new rules and be more balanced in-game. There is nothing in Lost Legion meant to deal with component issues of MK, and in fact Lost Legion has component problems of its own.

All copies of Lost Legion will include these cards, yes.

The biggest issue in some of the first prints of MK is a black line that has been misprinted on some of the card backs, potentially making them stand out when drawn. Colored black sleeves can take care of that if needed.

Even later printings can have some (rarer) component issues. So if you have a chance to get a copy of MK easy, I'd say go for it even if it is a first print run. Any potential component issues you will probably be able to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
My copy of Lost Legion came with some replacement components for early printings of the basegame. Rulebook itself says the same:

Quote:
Also, for those owning the first print run, we added several Corrected Cards and Tokens, so your game is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that they corrected the problem of the artifact cards in the last print. If that's the case, I wouldn't get your friend's game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tokou wrote:
The replacement cards and tokens in Lost Legion are not due to errors; they merely have been reworked/remade to work better with the new rules and be more balanced in-game. There is nothing in Lost Legion meant to deal with component issues of MK, and in fact Lost Legion has component problems of its own.
Some cards and tokens were indeed included due to re-balancing, some others due to errors in the first print. Again, the Community Wiki will clarify all these issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.