Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Would anyone be interested in a separate stand alone game of Werewolf Hunters that would be cross compatible with Vampire Hunters as a possible future product?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if the werewolves and the vampires are the hunters and not the huntees.

There could finally be a good Vampire versus Werewolf game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:

Cool idea, like alien vs predator! Everybody hunts everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I was thinking about this as I'm more a werewolf guy than a vampire guy. I'd want to BE the wolf and hunt. I'd also like different types to play as kind of like they do in Werewolf the Apocalypse. You got one version similar to Jack Nicholson in Wolf kind of fuzzy, yellowish eyes and all but could pass for human if you weren't looking too close. Then the Wolfman/Teen Wolf version, then there's the British Being Human version that's all wolf but on two legs, and the Twilight version that's on all fours but the size of a bear. My thinking is each offers their own advantages/disadvantages when hunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm ambivalent feelings about werewolves. If they were present rather see the werewolves as an second playable faction not mixable with hunters. Making them straight up hunters seems a little against the "creatures of the night" thing. Bloodthirsty man eating beast-men allying with priests? Ehhh...
As a playable team they can have their own thing, "normal" in the day, but scaling up at night, which will presumable be at a full moon because the hunters decide the time of the fight, to become stronger and faster at the cost of "control". That would make the day game a positioning strategy to place your pieces to have the most effective wolf out time without over extending.
I'm also having a hard time seeing them as an enemy. Why would the hunters attack a wolf den during a full moon? Under a full moon I get they're giant wolf men who want to rip your spine out, but the day? Normal people? People with guns? It also removes the mechanic of harpoon dragging them into the sunlight and breaking the boarded windows. Those actions would have no effect. Why would they hide in lairs anyway when they can walk in sunlight and blend in with the general population?

I'm still getting funds settled out, but when I back I'm backing because I loved Vampires and this game is Vampires. I'd be perfectly happy if werewolves were left out entirely.
I think the rule writing involved would make them more of a stand alone made later than something to lump on very last minute to the existing kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also see werewolves more as a big box expansion or as a future stand alone game with vh crossover rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree that werewolves should be a full separate game or another core stand alone game/expansion to the VH main game.
There is so much more to explore in the vampire universe before switching to a different "species".
Can't help but to recall the Nightwatch/ Daywatch vampire universe concerned with striking and maintaining a balance between Good and Evil in the world and through out history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Having werewolves as a second game with a second system and having a full cross over sounds best IMHO.
From my arm chair game designer seat I can see instead of a lair raider the players have to move through an inhabited area during the "day" and deduce who the werewolves are, where they live, which blood line they're of etc while not alerting them to their presence. They'd gain bonuses to the "night" segment which is the hunt. When the werewolves come out and the players have to track them down and kill them in a cat and mouse type combat.
The flavor is that there have been werewolf attacks in pleasentville and the hunters have to move in undercover and figure out who they are before the next full moon, then take them down. If they're too conspicuous the werewolves will bug out.
Crossovers would work both ways for the hunters. While their specialties may be as werewolf/vampire hunters, in the end both are unholy abominations which are intent on ripping you open with their teeth and claws. Throw an additional rule set on top which allows for werewolf vs vampire gameplay, possibly with components from both games and bam you got a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
rdsmith wrote:

This is what I would like to see. PvPvP: hunters vs vampires vs werewolves. I have enough co-op dungeon crawlers. A tactical miniatures game with three asymmetric factions with this theme, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
I'm sorry to say to the werewolf lovers that Vampire Hunters will stay a vampire game for the foreseeable future.

If you are looking for a game that is more than just a co-op dungeon crawler, come back and look at our optional rules and other game modes. We will show them to our backers in detail, later in the KS Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B

Virginia
msg tools
Tony at DGgames US wrote:
I'm sorry to say to the werewolf lovers that Vampire Hunters will stay a vampire game for the foreseeable future.

If you are looking for a game that is more than just a co-op dungeon crawler, come back and look at our optional rules and other game modes. We will show them to our backers in detail, later in the KS Campaign.

You're forcing me to take my Circle Oroboros warpwolves and house ruling them into your game you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.