5 Posts

Captain Sonar» Forums » Rules

Subject: turn by turn vs. simultaneus game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
I have a very easy question, maybe could be an italian translation problem.

If we play turn by turn everything it is easy. A Captain declare his move after the other one has finished his move.

If we play simultaneusly it means that if your team is faster then the other one you can play more then only one move or it means that you have to declare your move simultaneusly with your opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are faster you can do more I am pretty sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin63 wrote:
I have a very easy question, maybe could be an italian translation problem.

If we play turn by turn everything it is easy. A Captain declare his move after the other one has finished his move.

If we play simultaneusly it means that if your team is faster then the other one you can play more then only one move or it means that you have to declare your move simultaneusly with your opponent?

Indeed a faster team will be able to issue more orders, this is the whole point of the simultaneous play !

This mode adds way more stress to the game and you should play with experienced captains (play at least one turn-by-turn game before trying the simultaneous mode).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There isn't much going on here mechanically. I found it WAY too slow when not doing simultaneous and wouldn't ever play it that way except to teach the game. It was amazing in real time and I cannot recommend it highly enough when played that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Would the turn-based work better with a chess clock or a sandtimer (as suggested in the Shut Up & Sit Down review)? I wonder how long of a timer would be ideal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.