Hide
3 Posts

Arctic Scavengers: Base Game+HQ+Recon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing Phase Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olly Lennox
msg tools
We played our first game of AS last night and one rule wasn't entirely clear so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

During the draw phase if you play a Scout and draw out another Scout can you continue chaining this into the draw for another two cards, or is your single drawing phase over with the first Scout?

I actually quite like it to chain because unlike some other deck builders the "draw-you-whole-deck" tactic can be easily countered with Snipers but I realize that the rules say you can only perform each action once so my gut feeling is that you should stop at the first draw.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 6:

"no action may be taken more than once" (Bold print as printed in the rulebook)

Each and every action can only be taken once, so that means that after you had used your first scout to draw, you have already taken your draw action and can NOT draw a second time.

So, send your second scout into the skirmish - at least he/she has an attack value of two.

Of course, if you had both in your hand at the start of your turn, you could use them both to draw four cards at once.

Personally, I consider the "one action only" rule a very good one in the game as it makes the players take tough decisions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the above. To me, the lack of chaining is a feature, not a bug - it's one of the things I don't like about Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.