Subject: Games similar to warhammer quest acg? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
With the warhammer quest acg possibly not getting any expansions now, anyone has any good recommendations for soloable games that are fairly portable and in the same vein as it? (Was on my to buy list, sadly)

I'll like to avoid games that requires u to prebuild a deck to play.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game is often mentioned as a similar game. Since you avoid deckbuilding Lord of the Rings The Card Game is not an option. If you don't delve into the trazillion expansions or stick to the Saga Expansions you can play out of the box without much of the deckbuilding. Some sites offer ready built decks and on the geek some more experienced players do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:
With the warhammer quest acg possibly not getting any expansions now, ...

Hmmm?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-que...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-que...

Granted, it's just extra characters and no new quests, yet, but seems like they are doing expansions for the game.

Anyways...

How about Mistfall?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
It's mainly due to the lack of news and the asmodee/f2z thing. And also the absence of news of FFG renewing the warhammer license. Sigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:
It's mainly due to the lack of news and the asmodee/f2z thing. And also the absence of news of FFG renewing the warhammer license. Sigh

Does it need to be renewed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
matthean wrote:
actmoon wrote:

Games workshop holds the IP, & they only contracts out the IP one year at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For GW this stuff is basically free advertising (plus they get money for the license). There is no reason to believe, they won't let FFG continue.

Plus, they just recently did the two character expansions for the game. I would also like to see something bigger, but I am sure it will come, eventually.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Crawler. Add in a couple of Delve Packs and you have a big variety of cards to choose from to create cool dungeon and equipment decks.

A bit of a learning curve, but watch the flash tutorials on the Dungeon Crawler website, print off the 2 page reference sheets and you'll soon pick it up.

I can't recommend this game highly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actmoon wrote:
matthean wrote:
actmoon wrote:

Games workshop holds the IP, & they only contracts out the IP one year at a time.

Even if true, I can't fathom both of these companies going into agreement with a mere one year plan for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.