Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think this contains spoilers but apologies if I have missed something.

After eradicating a disease several times you can add the upgrade which allows you to cure without using an action.
My question is can this be done as a reaction, like the other not a action cards? (funding cards etc)

For example the researcher gives the required cards to the scientist in their turn....can the scientist out of turn as a reaction cure said disease?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With that mutatation you can cure a disease even if it isn't your turn after someone gives you the card. The only limitation is that if you go over the seven card limit when you receive a card you need to immediately either discard cards or play event cards to get down to seven before you can do anything else including curing such a disease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, if something isn't an action, either it will specify a timing - "Play when you cure a disease to remove all cubes of that disease from the board" - in which case you play it when it says, regardless of whatever else is happening; or it says something like "play any time" or doesn't hint at a timing at all - in which case, you can play it pretty much any time nothing else is happening. In particular, you can't play "anytime" effects between drawing a card and applying any effects, nor between an effect being played and being resolved.

The exceptions:
- Resilient Population can be played during the resolution of an Epidemic.
- Events (Funded or Unfunded), and only Events, can be played instead of discarding down to hand limit.
- If you draw two Epidemics on your turn, you can play things after the first resolves, before starting to resolve the second.

I believe that's everything - I'm sure someone will correct me if I've missed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.