Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the promo Objective Cards, any rules up for them yet? Are they public or secret objectives? How many are used per game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They are open for each player to achieve.
They come into game randomly - that way each game set of objectives will be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
They are open for each player to achieve.
They come into game randomly - that way each game set of objectives will be different.

Thanks Ignacy! How do they come in randomly, are they shuffled into the terrain decks and revealed when drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Z
Germany
Holzminden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where will these Promo Cards be available?
Will they be available for a german game version too?
Could you provide a link for more information about these cards, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Steal yo
badge
ur face
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo cards are included if you pre-order Cry Havoc. Towards the bottom of this page: http://portalgames.pl/new_en/cry-havoc-pre-orders/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anssi Johansson
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Preorder done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mb
Unfortunately, my pre-order didn't come with any promo cards. I'm hoping Portal will send me a pack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much do the promo cards actually impact gameplay? I still haven't decided if I want to pre-order Cry Havoc or if I'll just wait until it's available in retail. It's a difference of ~12 USD / 10 EUR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McKinney
msg tools
mb
Niddi77 wrote:
How much do the promo cards actually impact gameplay? I still haven't decided if I want to pre-order Cry Havoc or if I'll just wait until it's available in retail. It's a difference of ~12 USD / 10 EUR.

They don't impact the gameplay at all. For all eight cards, as I recall, you leave them off to the side until the game is finished. Once the scores have been tallied up, you then add more points according to what these cards say. So for some players, this could mean they will make a miraculous finish. The cards are only in play if they are drawn (for example if you acquire terrain tactics using an action).

I personally am not a fan of them and started to leave them out of the decks. They're a little boring. Some players may be interested in them, though. You could theoretically alter your strategy in order to gain extra points from them at the end of the game, but there is a lot going on most of the time, so that may not be a good strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't follow. What are the rules exactly? You put them in the various terrain decks, and if and when they are drawn, they are put off to the side - presumably that player draws a new card. Then, at the end of game, that quest is active and players can collect the rewards?

I have the cards, but accidentally tossed the instruction sheet after I'd skimmed it. I figured, "ya ya, I throw it in the right deck." Not quite, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
I don't follow. What are the rules exactly? You put them in the various terrain decks, and if and when they are drawn, they are put off to the side - presumably that player draws a new card. Then, at the end of game, that quest is active and players can collect the rewards?

I have the cards, but accidentally tossed the instruction sheet after I'd skimmed it. I figured, "ya ya, I throw it in the right deck." Not quite, it seems.

Yes, but it's not a "quest" as such to be scored by the first player to reach it - it's for end-game scoring.

When we played, 6 out of 8 came out but no one scored them. I was lukewarm on them and thought they'd be better randomly drawn at the start of the game, maybe 3 out of 8, rather than having them unexpectedly appear - I'm more a fan of visible public objectives than possibly happening to get points by accident. But my mate thought they workd ok as-is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger, so anyone can score them at the end of the game.

I think there's more than enough to worry about without adding mission objectives to the mix as well. At least not yet.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.