Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Agenda sets: secret information or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
At the beginning of a campaign, the Imperial player selects 6 agenda sets to build the agenda deck. Does the Imperial player have to say which sets he chose or is it secret information? The RRG doesn't say anything on the matter, so it could go either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hidden information to the rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, but what do you base that on?

I'm not trying to challenge your answer, I'm just looking for a bit of argumentation. As I said, the RRG doesn't appear to say anything about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebooks tell you what to do. There are an infinite amount of things to mention if they had to say everything you can't do. If there is something they want to let you know is against the intuitive interpretation of the rules it needs to be explicitly stated.

So we know that the agenda deck is hidden information because the rules do not tell you to inform the Rebels of your choices. To support this it IS explicitly stated that the Imperial Player reads specific parts of the mission parameters at specific times, so we know that if the Rebels are supposed to know something the rules will tell us what and when to tell them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There actually is a section on Hidden Information in the rulebook. Agenda cards would be covered by the Other Cards section; hence they are not viewable (only the Reward cards deck is viewable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The agenda deck is not viewable due to Hidden Information (technically even for the Imperial Player - although the deck is shuffled before each imperial upgrade stage), but the question is does the Imperial Player speak out loud which 6 sets were shuffled together during campaign setup?

(I have always assumed no.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Agenda cards in the box would be covered by the can't see clause too, and yeah, there is no instruction for the I.P. To announce his Agenda sets. Similarly, the Rebels don't need to tell the I.P. which green Side Mission cards they chose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Similarly, the Rebels don't need to tell the I.P. which green Side Mission cards they chose.

But they should if the IP wants to keep a good campaign log so they can quickly and easily resume play whenever they meet up again. Just IMO, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I put secret components in baggies to be taken out again next time we play. Easy to keep things in the right order without sneaking a peek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Personally, I put secret components in baggies to be taken out again next time we play. Easy to keep things in the right order without sneaking a peek.

Yeah, that's definitely easier than keeping a log. My problem is that I have several different IA campaign groups and I'm the only one that owns it, so I'm constantly having to switch things out. Having several groups to play IA with is not a bad thing, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Clipper wrote:
There actually is a section on Hidden Information in the rulebook. Agenda cards would be covered by the Other Cards section; hence they are not viewable (only the Reward cards deck is viewable).

Alright, thanks. Also, Agenda Sets aren't listed as open information there, so I guess that's clear enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.