Subject: Discard or reshuffle side missions not chosen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I think I'm getting a lot of things wrong with selecting side missions.I couldn't seem to find this info in the rulebooks (I'm sure it's there, and I'm just missing it).

When we get to a stage of the campaign that is a side mission, what happens to the side mission that doesn't get chosen to be played at that stage of the campaign?
The rebels have been drawing two cards from the side mission deck. Then they choose one to play. Then we've been shuffling back into the side mission the deck the card that wasn't chosen. The mission that is chosen is discarded as you can't play the same mission twice in one campaign.
Is this correct or should it be removed from the game? Or does it stay in play and then next time a single side mission card is drawn so you have two to choose from again?

Also, I looked in the RRG and got confused by this passage in the section "Missions", under "Story and side missions", page 17 in the version I have.
It says,

"After the introductory mission is resolved, shuffle the Side Mission deck, draw two cards, and place these cards faceup on the table. After each non-agenda side mission is resolved, shuffle the side Mission deck, draw one card, and place this card faceup on the table"

I don't really understand this. Resolving a mission is playing the mission, so is it saying you should play both of the side missions you draw. And after playing them why would I draw one side mission? I should just move on to the next section of the campaign (either story or side mission)

I feel I'm missing something obvious and over complicating this.
Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
After the first mission of a full campaign the rebels draw two side missions from the side mission deck. They are now active missions. This is only done after the first mission.

Whenever the rebels have played a side mission (which isn't an agenda side mission), they draw a replacement from the side mission deck.

The side mission that was not chosen remains as an active side mission.

Thus, the rebels have always at least two side missions to choose from. (They may have more if the imperial player has bought any agenda side missions.)

(There are house rules though, where the unchosen side mission is discarded and two replacements are drawn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are that there are always 2 non agenda non threat side missions in play as active missions except during the first mission or when a side mission is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

That's much clearer. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TBH I do four side missions as it gives more options and makes it more fun and has a lot more variety, especially considering how few side missions they are given, then I shuffle them back into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.