Subject: Differentiating 1.0 & 2.0 cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just bought this second-hand, and the previous owner put all the cards together. How can I tell the difference between the v1 & v2 cards? I compared one random one to another and can see that, for example, the range has moved location on the card, but I don't see any 2.0 symbol anywhere. Which ones are 2.0? Ditto for the small cards and whatever the other ones are...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MegaCon Games' website has a downloadable file with all of the v2.0 cards. You can look at that for a quick list to compare which cards are old versus which cards are new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sudo Nim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where the range/damage section is located is going to be the easiest way to tell them apart if you are trying to sort them all. Also helpful is going to be 2.0's use of bold keywords on the top line of the card description and black movement bar on interrupts.

As for the item cards, keywords in the description are going to be how you tell those apart. They might also have changed the backs, I can't recall off hand though.

All the 2.0 Quests have the Quest Symbol rather than the C and A of the chain and act quest symbolism now.

Traps cards didn't exist in 1.0 and they did not issue new merchant cards.

If all else fails, doing what Josh suggests is your next best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb, I've done what you both suggested. I've removed any duplicates and I have a few things left. Can you tell me whether I keep these or remove them please?

Mini cards:
St. Michael's Raiment, Armor & Spear.

Standard size cards:
10x The Darkness cards
60x Quest cards, most of which are A or C in the top right corner, although there are five with an S - I think I should remove these
Trader and Mystic cards, which I think I should keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryo Akashi

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:

Mini cards:
St. Michael's Raiment, Armor & Spear.

These are cards from the expansion. There are no 2.0 versions yet.

Fruit Eating Bear wrote:

Standard size cards:
10x The Darkness cards
60x Quest cards, most of which are A or C in the top right corner, although there are five with an S - I think I should remove these
Trader and Mystic cards, which I think I should keep.

Darkness cards did not change for 2.0.
Quest cards: 1.0 are single sided, whereas 2.0 are double sided for contents.
Monster cards: Same as above, single sided vs double sided.
Hero cards: Check the left side on the Movement requirements. 2.0 will have different colors for allowed movement types.
Trader/Merchant cards did not change for 2.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Now to learn the rules... :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Now to learn the rules... :-)

Some of the monster cards and all the expansion cards (item and quest) haven't had 2.0 versions released yet. Also, you may have some promo/exclusive cards (Conner's monster and quest card, for example) that may not be updated, so I suggest holding on to all the 1.0 cards and storing them somewhere safe just in case you decide you want them later (for the ones that haven't been replaced). But for now, don't worry about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.