Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played the game yet. I saw an earlier post regarding a possible 4 player game, but our game group has 6 players. Is it possible to play with 6? I have the extra tiles pack and most of the expansions so I have a fair amount of units. I was thinking of splitting up into two teams of 3 players and playing the normal game but on each team assigning each player certain units to control,such as one player controlling the air units, one player controlling the mechanized units and one player controlling the foot soldiers. Any thoughts as to how that would work or any alternative methods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the tiles and units, I don't see why it wouldn't work the same as 4-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It most certainly can support 6 players. Take a look at the War Room expansion for a suggested turn order mechanics. Scaling it to 6 should be simple enough.

http://rivetwars.com/free-scenarios/

Another suggestion would be to implement a Command and Colours like (I think) mechanism. Each team would have a general who distributes Rivets to 1 of the 3 fronts, each with a player's own deployment zone. This would allow for simultaneous deployment and reduce down time. Even though there are 3 fronts, players would be able to move units across each front and support each other's units.

Either way be sure to share some photos with us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.