$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Automa: Unit Selection for Combat when Mech & Character on Home Base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question isn't game changing, but I didn't see a priority for this situation. When the Automa is supposed to attack, but there is both a Mech and the Character on the Home Base, which unit is selected as the attacker? I chose the Character simply because that's how it works for the Deploy action.

Did I miss something in the rules? Is everyone else choosing the Character for the same reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I don't recall whether this is explicitly spelled out in the rules, but if there is ever a question of bringing a unit back onto the board, the Automa will prioritize the Character first, then mechs.

Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
Interesting question. I don't recall whether this is explicitly spelled out in the rules, but if there is ever a question of bringing a unit back onto the board, the Automa will prioritize the Character first, then mechs.

Cheers, David

I don't believe it is addressed specifically in the rules but I had been playing it this way anyway. Seems to make sense. Nice to have an official ruling though.

Thanks David!

Just about to post another session report about fighting off two Automas, this time on normal difficulty instead of easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hm, this just came up for me too in my first Automa game. Is there an official ruling yet?

Character makes the most sense, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Darric wrote:
Hm, this just came up for me too in my first Automa game. Is there an official ruling yet?

David Studley is one of the Automa designers, so I considered that an official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
United States
Santa Monica
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hah, whoops. Thanks, David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Darric wrote:

David Studley is one of the Automa designers, so I considered that an official ruling.

Yeah, statements from David, Lines, and me can be taken as official rulings - unless we start contradicting each other in which case we'll have to do a vote .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.