Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Otto Mason
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'd like to hear more about how this plays. Has anyone had a chance to play this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guessing Gen Con release.

Interesting game. Lot of back and forth. Hand management mechanic. Multiple win conditions. I do like how many individual characters they bring out of Greek history. Quick, fun two player.

Doing this in my phone, which I hate doing. Otherwise, I could give more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto Mason
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm looking forward to this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, I'm on a PC.

After a few plays of this, the strategy gets a lot more critical and hand management is huge. There are three areas of the board to try and control. One space for being able to draw an extra card is incredibly handy to have, two spaces for getting tokens that replace cards you need to bring out a new hero/soldier, and three spaces to score victory points.

All useful, all constantly contested.

Colors of the hero can have effects from enemies. Some will do more damage to red characters, some take no damage from green characters. The stronger heroes have huge amounts of life and damage, but they also count as any color so every ability of any color like that affects them. Interesting balance idea. And since all of the heroes are unique, sometimes it's a hard decision to discard one of them to bring another card into play because they won't be back around.

The strong heroes are a feat to deploy as some take 4-5 cards to turn in and activate them. All the time, you're trying to get characters out to take control of the areas for the bonuses or just trying to keep the other player from getting them, since the only time you gain the bonus of an area is when there's no one left to defend it at the end of the turn. Putting out those smaller characters takes other cards that you can't use for your powerhouses. It pretty much guarantees that the big boys/girls don't come out until the end of the game.

The three win conditions are 1) If you have 7 VPs at any time, 2) If you have cards in all 6 spots at the beginning of your turn, and 3) If the draw deck depletes, which the player with the most VPs wins. Since you either have no VP or some VP, it's basically the player who has the VP marker on their half of the scoring track.

I really, really like this one. Looking forward to seeing the final production copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto Mason
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great description. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalvis Kincis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German version since today is available in Lookout Spiele online shop: http://lookout-spiele.de/2016/07/25/neue-spiele-im-shop/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Lookout has released the German rules, here's hoping that Mayfair will follow suit and post the English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has this listed for September 15th, but we all know Amazon can be completely wrong. Or sometimes right.

Since we don't have any other info on this, other than it originally said it was coming out in June, at least it's something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Berne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It was available at GenCon, therefore early September for Amazon sounds quite right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is due from Amazon tomorrow. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to see the rulebook before it was released, but I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway. I hope it's good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
Mine is due from Amazon tomorrow. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to see the rulebook before it was released, but I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway. I hope it's good!

They liked it. I've enjoyed my games of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.