10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Structure Bonus Tile Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lawrence
msg tools
mbmb
Of the 6 structure bonus tiles, I cannot figure out one of them.

The one I don't get is building structures next to tunnels. How can you get 6 structures next to a tunnel when you only have 4 structures in the game? I am sure I am missing something.

For the Lake and Encounter token adjacency, I assume that if you control a tunnel next to a lake or token, that it would count for the adjacency. It is the tunnel tile I can't figure out.

Thanks...
Robert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You count the tunnels next to your structures, not the structures.

You can only count each tunnel once though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Roblaw wrote:
Of the 6 structure bonus tiles, I cannot figure out one of them.

The one I don't get is building structures next to tunnels. How can you get 6 structures next to a tunnel when you only have 4 structures in the game? I am sure I am missing something.

For the Lake and Encounter token adjacency, I assume that if you control a tunnel next to a lake or token, that it would count for the adjacency. It is the tunnel tile I can't figure out.

I believe the "adjacent tunnels" structure tile counts "tunnels adjacent to your structures", not "structures of yours adjacent to tunnels". Thus, three structures each between two (different) tunnels would get you the six-count level. I think this is the same as the Encounter and Lake tiles.

There's another structure tile that's "structures on tunnels" that counts the structures themselves (though in that case it would be equivalent to counting the tunnels, I think.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lawrence
msg tools
mbmb
Ah, great...thanks much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of those tiles is explained in intricate detail in the instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Each of those tiles is explained in intricate detail in the instructions.

Pff. Nobody reads those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I heard they are thinking of removing the word "instruction" from the English Board Gaming Dictionary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Roblaw wrote:

For the Lake and Encounter token adjacency, I assume that if you control a tunnel next to a lake or token, that it would count for the adjacency.

Since no one addressed this part yet...
I can't tell exactly what you're getting at here (I guess counting a tunnel as a structure?) , but whatever it is, it does not seem to be correct. Maybe you already figured that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Kristiansen
Denmark
Kongens Lyngby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Among computer people, we have a saying: if all else fails, read the instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaus O K wrote:
Among computer people, we have a saying: if all else fails, read the instructions.

You made it sound nicer. The real phrase RTFM or "Read the F-ing Manual" is a bit harsher in tone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.