Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gipson
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure the game is probably in production, and there might even be reasons why you all didn't do this (because I know you have worked hard to create a language independent game), but something small that I felt this game is missing ...

The buildings (power plants, factories, habitats, and labs).

I think it would be cool if they had their own names, I think that adds a lot of flavor.

The names on the projects (which are really just large buildings - that haven't gotten built a lot in my games) have cool names that really add to the theme of the game.

If the buildings also had names, I think they would add a lot too. For example, last game I bought the very interesting lab building that gives you two victory points for every anomaly you have. A cool name for that? ... "Anomaly Research Lab" or "Anomaly Tourist Center". I also built the habitat that if you place an administrator on it, it produces 5 water ... that could be called, "Large Water Purifier"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea to me. Have you suggested it over on the Kickstarter comments section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on timelines I don't think this game is in production yet, I too think for a thematically rich game building names would be good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
I would second this. They feel pretty themeless as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Amann
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your suggestions, it would be nice to have names for the buildings, however leting them go was a well thought out design decision on our side.

Let me share the main reasons we let go of the idea in the first place:

- There is no place for a name on the building tiles - we simply could not make them even bigger as it would have increased the size of the Player boards and they are big enough the way they are. We needed to racionalize the table space needed to play the game. Once names only appear in the appendix they do not really give to flavour to the game anymore
- It is by far easier to look up a number in the appendix, than a name
- There are certain type of buildings it would be simply pointless to give different names like that is the case with most Power Plants - as you see some just differ in their range
- We wanted to make the superprojects more special by naming them while buildings have only numbers
- We figured it was quite thematic to identificate buildings by numbers, like they were plans of projects, not to mention this way we could have a visual gag with the number of the Anomaly
- Language independency was also an important factor, but as you can see it was not the only one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amric wrote:

- It is by far easier to look up a number in the appendix, than a name

Source? Because I cannot agree with this at all. You can anchor the name in memory and thus eliminate the need for look up completely. Number is just a number - very easy to forget/confuse.

That said, I like the other reasons you've brought and I don't have a problem with buildings just having numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.