United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gods War figure teaser (there is another link to it in a thread, but I think that link is broken).

So here is the test. Can you name them all? The spoiler section below sort of gives the answers.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
here they are in alphabetic order, which is not how they appear in the video: a boggle, the Brown Dragon, Cragspider, an Earth goddess, Genert, a giant (Gloranthan style), the Inhuman King, Kyger Litor, the leviathan, a Luathan warrior, a Lunar assassin, a Maidstone Archer (aka Grotaron), the Mother of Monsters, Orlanth of course, the Red Dragon, a scorpion man, a scout dragonewt, and the Sky Terror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These really look fantastic. I didn't think I would like them as much as the CW figures but these are looking like they might outdo some of them. Strong work Sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*jaw drops* I keep watching this!

Are these all going to be to scale (for RPG use)?

With a person strapped to his leg that could make the giant quite large!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are all really good, but the giant, the boggle and especially the grotaron are -amazing-. I didn't need any help wanting to go all-in for this one, but this would've done a fair bit of persuading if I had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
Please don't do this too me. I already had to stick with tomb herd for my OS2 pledge due to unemployment, and now you are throwing something else crazy at me right after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's doing the sculpts?

Where's a link to a discussion on how awesome these figures are by the Gloranthan fans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guesses on order:

Cragspider, Red Dragon, Maidstone Archer, Leviathan, a Boggle, luathan warrior, scout dragonewt, Lunar assassin, scorpion man, Kyger Litor, Sky Terror, Earth goddess, giant, Brown Dragon, Genert, Inhuman King, Mother of Monsters, and Orlanth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Vanpelt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we get an art book like what we got cthulhu wars. Just so we can see why they all were designed the way they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
Quick question, what are the dragons for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Vanpelt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dragons are like hazards that you and other players have to deal with in the game if you include them. Like they might come and kill some of your units or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
These figures are all going to be scale, for RPG use. I suppose one could argue that the Leviathan is too small, because he's only 75mm across his base, and probably the real thing is like a kilometer across. The figure as it stands is still immense though (as big as anything in Cthulhu Wars).

And actually we have a problem with the Giant. The torso strapped to his leg is slightly too big compared to our normal size units. Because that's how colossal the giant is. His base is 75mm across.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jajagappa wrote:
My guesses on order:

Cragspider, Red Dragon, Maidstone Archer, Leviathan, a Boggle, luathan warrior, scout dragonewt, Lunar assassin, scorpion man, Kyger Litor, Sky Terror, Earth goddess, giant, Brown Dragon, Genert, Inhuman King, Mother of Monsters, and Orlanth.

Answers
you are mostly correct, except for your identification of the dragons & the Sky Terror. The Sky Terror has 6 wings.

The Brown Dragon has 6 legs. The Red Dragon has 2 legs, making it, technically, a wyvern. We also have a Black Dragon, who has 4 legs. All the dragons have a pair of wings of course.

And there is one more dragon-like entity (besides the dragonewts). The Sky Emperor is a wyrm, with no legs. He's wrapped around his throne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Void2258 wrote:
Please don't do this too me. I already had to stick with tomb herd for my OS2 pledge due to unemployment, and now you are throwing something else crazy at me right after.

Well, it IS 10 months afterwards, which is hardly adjacent timing-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
These figures are all going to be scale, for RPG use.

Awesome fails to describe just how unbelievable that is to pull off. I'm overwhelmed! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that the Waertagi Dragon Ships are not to scale, but are rather, symbolic. Also that the buildings are not all to scale, but are representative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Smith
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
Jajagappa wrote:
My guesses on order:

Answers
you are mostly correct, except for your identification of the dragons & the Sky Terror. The Sky Terror has 6 wings.

The Brown Dragon has 6 legs. The Red Dragon has 2 legs, making it, technically, a wyvern. We also have a Black Dragon, who has 4 legs. All the dragons have a pair of wings of course.

And there is one more dragon-like entity (besides the dragonewts). The Sky Emperor is a wyrm, with no legs. He's wrapped around his throne.

Which means the Sky Terror is the 6 winged beast.
Corrected order would be:
Cragspider, Sky Terror, Maidstone Archer, Leviathan, a Boggle, luathan warrior, scout dragonewt, Lunar assassin, scorpion man, Kyger Litor, Brown Dragon, Earth goddess, giant, Red Dragon, Genert, Inhuman King, Mother of Monsters, and Orlanth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Fleider
United States
Dallas
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that this video shows just some of the figures that we've got rendered models for, and that they aren't all 100% final yet (some little tweaking still happening in the final detail pass). We also have a TON of hand sculpted figures that we'll be revealing very soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing guys! I'm excited to try the PnP and hoping the gameplay is just as good as the figures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this KS launching?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

15th Aug - next Monday (I hope!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.