$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Arboretum» Forums » General

Subject: Since Asmodee bought F2Z, do you think they will move up the reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matei Jordache
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Z-man is pretty bad in general with reprints, so I was wondering if there is hope that they may move up the reprint now that a new company owns it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VIP Quality Post wrote:
Z-man is pretty bad in general with reprints, so I was wondering if there is hope that they may move up the reprint now that a new company owns it.

Doesn't seem likely -- the reprint has taken a long time. That said, Z-Man says that (paraphrasing slightly): "Arboretum is coming back shortly, but no specific timeline has been made public"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
53804 Much
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee hasn’t bought F2Z as of yesterday. But even if those talks go rather quickly a deal is highly unlikely to have any impact on a reprint of Arboretum at all.

But according to this post copies should already be at sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Beaumont
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
I have a Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers tile tattoo !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought French copies from BoardGameBliss, the only difference is the names. Seems classier to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
windfarms wrote:
I bought French copies from BoardGameBliss, the only difference is the names. Seems classier to me

For a game like this where I can *easily* homebrew it, I'm buying the game solely for the art / presentation. And part of that is it being in a language I speak. My
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
English copies are here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
English copies are here.

Where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
darthain wrote:
English copies are here.

Where?

BoardGameBliss, possibly others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Miniature Market or CSI yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
A great game. Very well rated. Loved by gamers and non-gamers. ...Yet it's not in print. How can countless other games that are pure garbage and seem to only collect dust on store shelves remain in print, and yet a game like this that seems to be in demand be so hard to get reprinted? it's only a card game. If it was some ero-game with hundreds of bits and chips then maybe I can see it. But a simple card game? Heck, even the average consumer can get this professionally printed themselves if not for copyright laws. Maybe someone could kickstart a reprint? Offer a retailer pledge level too as I'm sure retailers would be interested in stocking it.

Ah well. The gaming world often defies logic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Defies logic indeed. When your 3camels profile looks like this, it's well past time for a reprint. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has it in stock now. Only a matter of time before MM and CSI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddest Hatter wrote:
A great game. Very well rated. Loved by gamers and non-gamers. ...Yet it's not in print. How can countless other games that are pure garbage and seem to only collect dust on store shelves remain in print, and yet a game like this that seems to be in demand be so hard to get reprinted? it's only a card game. If it was some ero-game with hundreds of bits and chips then maybe I can see it. But a simple card game? Heck, even the average consumer can get this professionally printed themselves if not for copyright laws. Maybe someone could kickstart a reprint? Offer a retailer pledge level too as I'm sure retailers would be interested in stocking it.

Ah well. The gaming world often defies logic.

That is Zman games for you.

I'm annoyed that they have no plan of printing the Targi expansion in English. A game that sold well enough to get a reprint. Go figure.

So no surprise that Arboretum is encountering the same problems because of Zman games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus still has one in stock. I feel that I can safely say this now that mine is on the way to my house. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Just bought a brand new copy from Cardhaus. $13.99 plus shipping. I have been looking for this for a long time. I am so pumped!! Cannot wait to play this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the heck kind of reprint was this? A few copies at Cardhaus and BGB? Miniature Market still considers it out of print, no copies ever came to Cool Stuff, and it's still a small fortune at Amazon. Did they print 20 copies to be shared across North America? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this just seems bizarre. More like maybe Cardhaus found a box in the back? And the reprint is still not hit shops in earnest yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I happened to be shopping for it at my FLGS last week and they had just received a couple copies from their distributor.

Boardgameprices has a few places that have it in stock online. Maybe it's just beginning to filter back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
it's still a small fortune at Amazon.

$20 is a small fortune? That's just list price, right?
Amazon has one place selling it for $21, one place for $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Markey
United States
Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
mikepmarkey wrote:

Really? I'll have to go check again. It was over $40 I thought. Not too long ago it was listed at $21,000.12 laugh

Edit: after checking Amazon, it's still cheaper to pay shipping from Canada. $26 is the cheapest you'll find on Amazon. $20.48 to get it from Board Game Bliss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikepmarkey wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
mikepmarkey wrote:

Really? I'll have to go check again. It was over $40 I thought. Not too long ago it was listed at $21,000.12 laugh

Edit: after checking Amazon, it's still cheaper to pay shipping from Canada. $26 is the cheapest you'll find on Amazon. $20.48 to get it from Board Game Bliss.

Check boardgameprices.com.
CardHaus for example has it for $13.49, USPS shipping's gotta come pretty close to $20.48 if not less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.