Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else have a problem with the punchboard being really difficult on any of their punch sheets? Almost like it wasn't cut quite deep enough. Ended up tearing the paper on both of the big tiles on the sheet with the ICS network :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dale
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I did, quite a few of the punchboards needed me to carefully cut the bits out. I had a few tears but fortunately it was salvageable with a little PVA glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con
mbmbmbmbmb
bobnabob wrote:
Anyone else have a problem with the punchboard being really difficult on any of their punch sheets? Almost like it wasn't cut quite deep enough. Ended up tearing the paper on both of the big tiles on the sheet with the ICS network

Had the same issue. Gil's aware of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a piece gets torn from a component, it is anything that affects game play like face down tiles or anything of that nature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
So if a piece gets torn from a component, it is anything that affects game play like face down tiles or anything of that nature?

No, nothing like that. It's money and the player/scoring boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I had any tearing, but I did notice that the cardboard wasn't the best quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoot McToot
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My money was all ok but I had one unfortunate tear on a player board. Not even down to my cack-handedness as whoever delivered it had battered the box so much all the large punchboards had already jumped out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything was fine on my copy.

Just one minor bit on one of the player boards that I had to be careful of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ya i had a couple player boards pop and then press into the next sheet i have everything under a couple game boxes now to weigh it into a consistent thickness height. They top layers of the punchboard scare me - anything we could do to seal it up? feels like it wants to pry off / unglue. also anyone have any experience with how they are wearing? i had another game with a similar surface and it wore thru in a few games due to handling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read this thread prior to receiving my copy so I thought I'll be extra careful at punching the boards. Unfortunately a lot of the boards had already been punched & most of them have been slightly ripped or the paper is tearing away at the edges. There's also slightly bent boards on the edges & a couple have scratches. This is low quality production. I'm really disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knowles
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One board (U62TV) needed some TLC (and a little glue) after removal but the rest were fine and pushed out easily. Have to agree on the quality of the boards though, definitely not the highest. Also I find the printing on the player boards is rather grainy and not sharp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve777 wrote:
I had read this thread prior to receiving my copy so I thought I'll be extra careful at punching the boards. Unfortunately a lot of the boards had already been punched & most of them have been slightly ripped or the paper is tearing away at the edges. There's also slightly bent boards on the edges & a couple have scratches. This is low quality production. I'm really disappointed.

Just an update on this... Gil sent me (very quickly) replacement parts for those that were damaged. Am happy with my components now. Thank you very much Gil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.