Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Degi
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Execution of Political Cards: 17.5: " . . . if the marker is shifted at all, it must be shifted the full distance."

If you take this card but the marker can't move three spaces to the right because it is only one or two spaces away from the right edge of the track, do you move it as far as you can and stop in the final box? Or does a strict reading of the rules suggest that you can't take the card because the marker can't move a full three spaces?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read the rules is that you take the card, announce your intentions regarding which parts you want to execute and then wait until the 2nd card is taken (or not). If the total resulting net move (i.e. if another card is executed and it affects the same marker you add or subtract its movement to the first) of a marker is possible then it is moved. If not then it isn't.

FYI - I see 4 arrows to the right on that card and not 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it means that the marker has to end on the very right on the track, whatever its starting position. It cannot end on any other position if this part of the event is applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
Move it as far as possible, even if it reaches the end before all moves are used. The designer is active here, so we'll probably hear an official answer. But I'd be very surprised if it isn't moved at all if the full move isn't possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
If you take this card but the marker can't move three FOUR (edited by r.s)to the right because it is only one or two spaces away from the right edge of the track, do you move it as far as you can and stop in the final box? Or does a strict reading of the rules suggest that you can't take the card because the marker can't move a full FOUR (edited by r.s) spaces?

* First, you take the card and *announce" to move it for 4 steps.
* Then you move it is far as possible, that is always to the very right space.

Similarly, a card with 2 arrows to the right for the Italian track is announced and then moved 2 to the right --- unless it can move only 1 since it is at the end of the track. In that case it is moved just 1 space.

Alternatively, as above, but the 2nd card is a 1 space move to the left, then the Italian marker is move 2-1=1 step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rsivel wrote:
Quote:
If you take this card but the marker can't move three FOUR (edited by r.s)to the right because it is only one or two spaces away from the right edge of the track, do you move it as far as you can and stop in the final box? Or does a strict reading of the rules suggest that you can't take the card because the marker can't move a full FOUR (edited by r.s) spaces?

* First, you take the card and *announce" to move it for 4 steps.
* Then you move it is far as possible, that is always to the very right space.

Similarly, a card with 2 arrows to the right for the Italian track is announced and then moved 2 to the right --- unless it can move only 1 since it is at the end of the track. In that case it is moved just 1 space.

Alternatively, as above, but the 2nd card is a 1 space move to the left, then the Italian marker is move 2-1=1 step.

This is how we have always played it (each card resolved in turn and move a counter as far as it can), but there is a contradiction in your last point. That implies that you do not in fact resolve the track movement of the first selected card before taking the second card, but rather after the second card is activated, you determine the net movement. In the past, I think we have played that if the counter was 1 to left of the end, and the first card triggered 2 right and the second card triggered 1 left, the counter would end in its original place, 1 to the left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.