Subject: My nephews vs me. Games with an overlord... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I have 2 nephews ages 10 and 8. I'd like a game that's not too heavy or complicated but has a them vs me kind of play. We have played co-ops and enjoy them but I want them to learn to work together in a game. Suggestions welcomed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game - they would play as survivors, and you would play as the zombie hordes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Sequence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I have heard about this but was worried it'd be a little too complicated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play an RPG with you as the GM. They will have freeform choices. You can pick an easier, introductory system. And you can use some pre-made modules to easy you into the GMing role. You should be able to find a genre you like, and that the kids enjoy.

Level 7 Omega Protocol is an overlord game, but it may be too complex. Actually, maybe most overlord games may be too complex. If they were not complex, they might not need the overlord.

But if you insist, you can probably search for geeklists with the word overlord in the title, and find games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris Karpavicius
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King would fit your requirements. Also can be played pure-coop.
Board Game Brawl review
Gameplay vid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Imperial Assault. Everything you need for the campaign (11-14 missions, with alternating story and random side missions) is in the core box, for 2-3 campaigns due to the replayability factors. A lot of additional content is also available, including another full campaign and two shorter 4-mission campaigns, and a bunch of figure expansions.

(Less downtime than in Descent due to IA's alternating activations. Always play with 4 heroes regardless of the number of rebel players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.