3 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: V3 rules Suppressed question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent N.
Belgium
flag msg tools
You can't touch this! Break it down! Stop, Hammer time!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In version 3 of the manual I read that 'A soldier with one or more Suppress counters is limited to playing Action Cards or Removing Suppress Counters'.

I know that, concerning the Actions, a Suppressed Soldier only can choose for the 'Remove 1 Suppress' action. But besides that, I thought he could choose to do a whole lot of other things that doesn't require an Action, like 'Activate Objective', 'Play Action cards', 'Pass Gear'...
But according to the rules, the only thing a Suppressed Soldier can do besides removing suppressed counters, is playing Action Cards, nothing more... Is that correct?

This brings me to a second question I wanted to ask for quite a bit; if a soldier has two Suppressed counters, may I remove them both by doing the 'remove 1 suppress couter' action twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Suppressed question
Rulebook Pg 13 wrote:
• Remove 1 Suppress - Spend 1 Action to remove 1
Suppress counter inflicted on your Soldier. If a Soldier has
1 or more Suppress counters on his card, he cannot
choose any other Actions until they are removed.

By "actions", I understand it to mean all of the other types of actions listed, not just the ones that require you to spend an action point.

Basically this means you can't do anything, but recover from suppression when suppressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent N.
Belgium
flag msg tools
You can't touch this! Break it down! Stop, Hammer time!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Suppressed question
I took the following thread as my 'Suppressed Guide': https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1268129/suppressed-defined

Here is what I took as 'official rule':
davidinsydney2 wrote:
I'll try to include the above in my attempt at a v3 rules.

My understanding of the rules is that the only "Actions" that a soldier cannot perform when suppressed are those that require an action to be spent.

Your suppressed player soldier can still:
Play cards
Discard cards
Pay XP
Use Equipment (but not if the soldier has to attack etc)
Drop, pick up and pass weapons, ammo & Equipment
Be Medi vac'd
Activate objective

Comments/corrections?

But when I read the v3 rules from the DVG site, it seems a Suppressed Soldier can only do the 'remove suppress-action' or play action cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.