Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Saburn
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titangames.com has a few starter sets left for $2 each! They also have boosters for $4 each. Not many left, you'd better be quick. Shipping eats away at the price but it's still a Great deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great deal!

To potential buyers: the game plays very well with just two starters. Don't let the "collectible" bug fool you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
That is a great deal!

To potential buyers: the game plays very well with just two starters. Don't let the "collectible" bug fool you.

Agreed. Even if you never pick up any more characters/boosters, you've got a great game on your hands with just the two starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen Botkin
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thank you to all of you who have responded to Bruce's posting. Unfortunately, we at Titan Games are now sold out of the Navia Dratp starter sets. We really appreciate the great response we have received based on this posting. We do still have booster packs available for $4.00 each. For those of you who are interested in great deals on games, we do have 2 websites: www.titangames.com and www.3freegames.com
If you have any questions, you can contact me at titangamessales@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now we know the real reason the game failed: they didn't sell the starters for $2 at Titan Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, browsing your inventory is a real nightmare. I guess you never want your customers to impulse buy, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hacke
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
As a curious party...

What do you look for in browsing and searching a commerce site?

I do some development with Titan Games and would like to find out how to make the system better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
greghacke wrote:
As a curious party...

What do you look for in browsing and searching a commerce site?

I do some development with Titan Games and would like to find out how to make the system better.

I appreciate your desire to improve. In short, it should be easy to find what you are looking for. Right now, the site is very contrary to finding much of anything. I find it difficult to quantify what I am saying. As an example however, I point to thoughthammer.com and funagain.com. These sites feature easy inventory searching, lots of information about inventory quantities, future inventory, etc. They also have much complimentary information like reviews and links to sites like boardgamegeek.com. There is more then that but the basic point is that these sites are easy and inviting. Right now, your site is confusing and frustrating. Even the information provided on your site is questionable. Even the simple act of placing an order is confusing. You don't even have a shopping cart. This post sound mostly like a slam. I don't mean it that way. You asked and I sincerely would like to make future use of your site. Good deals and good customer support will serve you well but if I am at all representative of your potential customer base, I am not likely to call on you when the likes of thoughthammer.com and funagain.com are readily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrayman wrote:
Good deals and good customer support will serve you well but if I am at all representative of your potential customer base, I am not likely to call on you when the likes of thoughthammer.com and funagain.com are readily available.

At the end of the day, the price and the service is exactly what sells me. I don't care about info on the game (I get that here). I don't make my purchasing decisions at a vendor website *unless* that website is cutting me a deal. This could be in the form of reduced prices on my items, or free shipping. I've been known to fill my basket to $100 or $125 just to qualify for free shipping. Insane, but I do it. It's a free game, and if you make a few of those purchases you've saved yourself some good cash. But what gets me in the door are the prices.

Thoughthammer is my main squeeze, but I've purchased from Fair Play and (when I was a noob and didn't know what else was out there) Funagain.

http://boardgameprices.com is the best comparative pricing resource out there atm, if you know what you're looking for. Last I knew there were some inventory transparency issues, but aside from that you can pretty much find out which place has the best deal on a given product (though there doesn't appear to be a "bggid" to link different product instances there).

If you want me as a customer, give me free shipping at a reasonable cutoff or flat rate shipping. Give me *the best* prices when all is said and done, ship your stuff out promptly and allow me to track my packages. Heck, get yourself on Amazon Prime and you *would* have me as a customer =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen Botkin
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
As the Online Sales Manager for Titan Games, I certainly appreciate all of your input. I'm not sure if any of you have actually visited our site, but the one thing about Titan Games is that in addition to SOME new items, what we mostly sell is used (or previously owned, if you prefer). I think you will find that our prices are very reasonable and we also have a guide listed to describe what the grades on each item means, so you know what to expect when you receive your item. We also have many customers who enjoy receiving excellent quality merchandise for a fraction of what it would have cost new. While we have a fairly good sized inventory (about 50,000 items), we are in the basement of a small retail Titan Games store in Battle Creek, MI. We also specialize in hard to find, out of print items. Our inventory includes not just board games, but also role playing games, miniatures, CCGs and much, much more. We really do appreciate all of your feedback and will work on implementing some of the suggestions but please do keep in mind that we are not going to be exactly like the other sites that were mentioned because we run a different kind of operation.
If any of you have any additional comments or questions that you would like to direct to me, please contact me at titangamessales@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.