2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Design Queries and Problems

Subject: Red lines for designing! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Re Far
msg tools
Hi All!

I am new to design and here! So I have some questions!
I want to know about red lines!

I want to know can I use a gun like AK47 in my games freely or I should have a license/permission for that? (For example I have a miniature that holds AK47, or use the picture/drawing of this gun on the cards)

Personally I hate copy/paste from other games but every designer needs Inspiration and a little help! When a game is copyrighted, is it contain to rules and mechanics too? I know copyright rules will not protect ideas, gameplay and ways for doing a thing, but I am asking to be sure. For example I want to use zombie movement mechanics in my own game from game "zombicide". Is there any problem?

I searched internet to get the best answer but I did not! So I am really appreciate if you help me. If there is any other thing that will help me about these please tell me.

Thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Copyrights and trademarks are not the same thing. Manufacturers of scale models have had to worry about the same things for decades.

A lawyer with the needed expertise is suggested, and there are no guarantees they'll get a judgement in your favor.

Original work with a trail of the process is a good idea, while still no guarantee (see George Harrison.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.