Christopher Bourassa
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent
mbmbmb
After watching several walk through videos, I decided to try to learn and play my copy of Fields of Fire.

One concern I have as I start are all of the various rule books and errata. Is the Final Version of the rule book better to use or should I use the Second Edition instead? Do the official errata on GMT's web site include all errata? I have seen several different web sites mentioned with rule corrections. Is there one source that combines all of the rule corrections and/or clarifications? If not, can someone please suggest the best site(s) to obtain all of the corrections and/or clarifications?

Thank you,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game in a while and never used the site, but the FoF bootcamp should be a useful resource - not to learn the game but to look up stuff during the game:

https://sites.google.com/site/fieldsoffirebootcamp/home

I think a good index is the thing that you will need most, because learning the game is not that hard, but during play you will encounter a lot of specific questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
cbourassa wrote:
Is the Final Version of the rule book better to use or should I use the Second Edition instead?

Use 2.1 edition on GMT's website

cbourassa wrote:
Do the official errata on GMT's web site include all errata?

I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I don't recall any more errata. By the way, the 2.1 rulebook includes all the official errata (8.17.09).

cbourassa wrote:
Is there one source that combines all of the rule corrections and/or clarifications?

With rulebook 2.1 you'll be fine

cbourassa wrote:
can someone please suggest the best site(s) to obtain all of the corrections and/or clarifications?

Like Andreas said: Fields of fire boot camp

cbourassa wrote:
Thank you

You're welcome . If you have any questions feel free to ask, it's a somewhat tough game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christopher,

Enjoy this game, it is wonderful! Feel free to ask anything you need here. Also I recommend my 4 introduction articles, to help you get started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also currently learning this game. Apart from the resources mentioned above my main guidance is also coming from the Quick Start Guide and the Illustrated rewrite to the first 3 chapters. These are the first two entries in the game's File section. I am at turn 4 on my first 'proper' game and the rules are all dropping in to place nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bourassa
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent
mbmbmb
Thank you for the suggestions, Andreas, Juno, and Antonio B-D. I think I have good sources now. To be honest, I feel as if I know the game well after watching most of the videos posted.

Does anyone know if the mission log is available to download as a PDF anywhere? I suppose I can make a copy, but downloading one would be easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Nissfeldt
Sweden
Västerplana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And when encountering a rules question during gaming - DO NOT check it up. Make a random selection and get the game going. Write down the question and check it up later.

This game creates a great narrative, just enjoy the ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmb
There's a PDF version here, after you unzip:
Company Roster (Editable Spreadsheet and PDF)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KarlNissfeldt wrote:
And when encountering a rules question during gaming - DO NOT check it up. Make a random selection and get the game going. Write down the question and check it up later.

Best recommendation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.