Hide
6 Posts

Tiny Epic Galaxies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use follow to upgrade your empire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
msg tools
This is a very fun game I am enjoying however, I have a question about following. Specifically as the title says, follow to upgrade your empire. When you follow someone that used the "utilize the colony" die face do you

1. Spend 1 Culture to copy the utilize a colony die and upgrade your empire?

2. Spend 1 Culture to copy the utilize a colony die and then spend the required energy or culture to upgrade your empire?

I do not think any of the other faces have a cost. So if you copy a movement die you just spend the culture to move. What is tripping me up is the cost to upgrade your empire is separate from just using the utilize a colony die face, so I think you still have to pay the cost to upgrade your colony.

What do others think? Is this in the rules and I missed it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

It's #2. You spend the culture to follow the colony action and then, if you choose to upgrade your empire, you pay accordingly. However, you could instead choose to use of the abilities of a planet you've colonized. The colony action is the most dynamic action to follow. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to think of it as I'm following the die not what my opponent did with that die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pettit
United States
California
flag msg tools
When following an opponents colonize action could you follow the power they used if they used one of their colonized planets powers or do you have to use one of your own only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
rabbito84 wrote:
When following an opponents colonize action could you follow the power they used if they used one of their colonized planets powers or do you have to use one of your own only?

You follow the action, which is to utilize one of your own colonies. You don't follow the specific colony ability they used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pettit
United States
California
flag msg tools
That's what I thought. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.