Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sister Agatha overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
I played my first session today, as Dracula. Quite early the hunters got sister Agatha as their ally. Before they got it I suffered quite some damage by a fight with holy ammo (don't know the english term, I played the german version) and from then on I wasn't able to use fangs as a means to regenerate and fleeing a fight by bat or nebula also damages me everytime with no other option to regenerate than by the power card (but for this one I have to stop and I can't play it again for quite some time) and I was far away from castle Dracula. As I said I wasn't the only one who thought Agatha was far too strong. And Dracula doesn't have a possibility to remove the ally, does he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancalagonthe black wrote:
I played my first session today, as Dracula. Quite early the hunters got sister Agatha as their ally. Before they got it I suffered quite some damage by a fight with holy ammo (don't know the english term, I played the german version) and from then on I wasn't able to use fangs as a means to regenerate and fleeing a fight by bat or nebula also damages me everytime with no other option to regenerate than by the power card (but for this one I have to stop and I can't play it again for quite some time) and I was far away from castle Dracula. As I said I wasn't the only one who thought Agatha was far too strong. And Dracula doesn't have a possibility to remove the ally, does he?

I haven't noticed that Agatha is too strong in third edition, if she is causing a major issue, it is in combination with other problems such as you mention. The answer is to try and avoid getting into fights, if you can't do that because the hunters are on top of you then as mentioned you have other problems in addition to Agatha.

Note Dracula does have the possibility of getting rid of her by use of the Devilish Power (I don't know what that is in German) event card which he may of course not have.

Agatha is certainly not as powerful as she was in second edition when she did damage if Dracula played an escape or fangs card, whether it was successful or not. In third edition the card has to resolve for her to do damage so if Dracula escapes she does only 2 damage per combat. Dracula's more serious problem is his Pride ability forcing him to delay his escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Kourganov
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, Agatha only deals damages when Dracula successfully resolves Fangs or Escape tactic cards. If those get blocked by hunter's card or due to Pride or Rage or other condition - no damage is dealt. Also Sister Agatha doesn't "work" when hunters fighting other vampires.

PS. You could also rather effectively heal with Desecrated Soil. I would say this is the most effective way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.