Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cagliari dead end without illegal move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
Shouldn't it be impossible to reach a dead end for Dracula if he does not make an illegal move?
If I go from the Thyrrenian sea to the Mediteranean Sea I can legally move to Cagliari after that because I have not used its card. But if I do that I can go nowhere from there. I don't like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancalagonthe black wrote:
Shouldn't it be impossible to reach a dead end for Dracula if he does not make an illegal move?
If I go from the Thyrrenian sea to the Mediteranean Sea I can legally move to Cagliari after that because I have not used its card. But if I do that I can go nowhere from there. I don't like that.

I take it that you are not using Dracula's powers. If you do Dracula has options when he gets to Cagliari. Honestly though even if you don't use them the situation is so obvious that if Dracula does what you say then he deserves all he gets.

Cagliari has been like this since the first edition although in that there was no problem because there was no trail so Dracula could simply move back to sea. In second edition Dracula's powers are part of the basic game. It is only in third edition that this can arise because of taking the powers out of the basic game which was a big mistake in my opinion, they aren't particularly complicated and are a vital part of Dracula's arsenal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the "basic" game is really just a tutorial. Since everything added ALL benefits Dracula,it is obvious 'basic' is just for learning and heavily in favor of the Hunters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
We did use the powers, but I used them way too seldom. I know I can leave Cagliari again by getting one of the sea cards back with the power cards that allows you to remove a hideout and then use that. But could I also use the wolf to swim ashore to an adjacent port? Is that a legal move? I heard the wolf can be used to leave a ship, swim ashore and then also leave the port to an adjacent town in the same move. So can I also use him to leave a port to sea and enter a port in the same sea? It's just two moves, so it should be legal, right? In that case I would not need to put a sea card on the trail, so I would not get damage. Is that correct? That would be a nice move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ancalagonthe black wrote:
We did use the powers, but I used them way too seldom. I know I can leave Cagliari again by getting one of the sea cards back with the power cards that allows you to remove a hideout and then use that. But could I also use the wolf to swim ashore to an adjacent port? Is that a legal move? I heard the wolf can be used to leave a ship, swim ashore and then also leave the port to an adjacent town in the same move. So can I also use him to leave a port to sea and enter a port in the same sea? It's just two moves, so it should be legal, right? In that case I would not need to put a sea card on the trail, so I would not get damage. Is that correct? That would be a nice move.

No you can't use Wolf Form to leave a port, you can use it to land in a port and move one city inland, but in that situation you have to start at sea. So to leave Cagliari you would have to take one of the adjacent sea zones off the trail using Misdirect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It's more than possible for Drac to trap himself, this is one of the many ways. The consequences are dealt with in the rule book under 'Dracula makes an illegal move'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.