Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice wrote:
Before your Taylor action, you may reveal the top card of the deck. If its value is equal to the number of cards in your hand, complete it for free.

If I'm entitled to 3 Taylor actions, beacuse of helpers, is this sequence right?

1) I use a taylor action, reveal the first card, (I have 3 cards in hand), it's a paper card (1), so I put it back on the top of the deck, and draw 2 cards to my waiting area.
2) I use a second taylor action, I draw another paper card, put it back on top of the deck; I discard 1 card from my hand, and draw a card from the deck;
3) I use a third taylor action, (I now have 2 cards in hand); I draw a stone card so I put it in my works; I don't draw any cards as I'm alread at full limit (2 cards in hand + 3 in the waiting area).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a winner to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's interesting. I've never built the Dice in any of my games but I suppose it would apply to any Taylor action even if you crafted cloth or prayed with them instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it says "a Taylor action", and not "a Taylor task".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just who is this Taylor you're all talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
please be aware that cards in your waiting area count as cards in your hand: Do Cards in Waiting Area Count for Dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
And just who is this Taylor you're all talking about?

Rrrrrrrrrrrroger Taylor! blushblushblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobi wrote:
please be aware that cards in your waiting area count as cards in your hand: Do Cards in Waiting Area Count for Dice?

Right.

Thus, you can use Dice to complete a work only for the first of a series of Tailor actions generated by a single Tailor task.

That is because, after the first Tailor action, you will have a total of 5 cards in hand and waiting area and, henceforth, you will never have only the 1-3 cards necessary to match a card drawn from the deck.

For subsequent Tailor actions, you are allowed to use Dice to reveal the top card of the deck. While Dice would never (for these actions) allow you to complete that card, you can use the information gained (which is revealed also to your opponents) to decide how many cards (if any) to return for the Tailor action.

Note that you can use Dice only for a real Tailor action. After revealing the top card, you cannot decide to Craft with Cloth or to Pray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.