4 Posts

Ghostbusters: The Board Game II» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion, standalone, sequel...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just bought the first game today, having missed the KS by a long window.

I'm yet to play, but I'm excited to.

Is there any reason to think the Tully, Slimer, RGB or Peoplebusters expansions (any of the stuff tied to Game II) wouldn't work with the first game? I like the idea of adding new characters, and hope the first game is expandible without requiring the second one.

Sorry if this is common knowledge. As I said, I'm very late to this party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much is said about the expansions as far as needing GBII to play. They will likely have their own scenarios and tiles but still need components from the base game.

As slime and equipment are the only two real base mechanic changes as far as i can tell, I am sure they will be used in the expansions as well.

You might be able to get away with not getting the sequel if you house rule a few things but it is hard to say at this point as not a lot of details have been released yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tully and Slimer are expansions to the second game. The biggest reason is their cards deal with equipment cards, which are part of the 2nd game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys. I'd missed that the release of these is still so far away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.