Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I tried another competition against 2 short board surfer bots. This time it didn't go as well as my last epic win.

I paddled out really strongly using a 4 card and added a stoke token to get out to the 5 zone as I saw a big 5 wave coming at the horizon.

On turn 2 that size 5 wave turned into a barrel! OMG if I catch a perfect outside barrel that would be amazing because barrels are worth 5 bonus points and catching a perfect wave means you get 1 bonus point for every card you use riding it in. Unfortunately, I failed to catch the barrel... as I picked a "2" card and the wave revealed a "2" barrel.

I guess I never fully recovered from that wipeout on the outside...

My next wave also ended with a premature wipeout...

Near the end of the game, I caught another perfect wave, did some really fancy tricks on it but got snaked by YELLOW right before hitting the beach

So Neptune was not in my favor this game and the bot competitors were particularly vicious with their snaking.

No worries, these heats go very quickly so on to the next one!

Final scores:

BLUE (me) 1+3=4
YELLOW (bot) 3+3.5=6.5
RED (bot) 3.5+5=8.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
Ok so I tried another competition against 2 short board surfer bots. This time it didn't go as well as my last epic win.

I paddled out really strongly using a 4 card and added a stoke token to get out to the 5 zone as I saw a big 5 wave coming at the horizon.

On turn 2 that size 5 wave turned into a barrel! OMG if I catch a perfect outside barrel that would be amazing because barrels are worth 5 bonus points and catching a perfect wave means you get 1 bonus point for every card you use riding it in. Unfortunately, I failed to catch the barrel... as I picked a "2" card and the wave revealed a "2" barrel.

I guess I never fully recovered from that wipeout on the outside...

My next wave also ended with a premature wipeout...

Near the end of the game, I caught another perfect wave, did some really fancy tricks on it but got snaked by YELLOW right before hitting the beach

So Neptune was not in my favor this game and the bot competitors were particularly vicious with their snaking.

No worries, these heats go very quickly so on to the next one!

Final scores:

BLUE (me) 1+3=4
YELLOW (bot) 3+3.5=6.5
RED (bot) 3.5+5=8.5

Haha! Thanks for the write up Jonathan! So cool to hear your experiences in the waves! Hopefully next time you can stick it to them!!

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.