$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Reverend in White vs. Black and Blue - A Solo Session Against Two Automas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to avoid playing nothing but Scythe so I don't burn out on this awesome game, but today it was time to get it back on the table.

I played as Polania.



I played against two automas (using an extra PnP automa deck), Saxony and Nordic Kingdoms, both set to normal level difficulty.



I used a combination of move, trade and produce actions to build my mine and get my character out hunting for encounters, since I get two choices from each one for being Polania. This also allowed me to get a mech pretty early; I chose Submerge so I could travel lake to lake.

Nordic Kingdoms were first to the factory, and first to get a star on the board.



Saxony and Nordic Kingdoms had both built up to maximum power, leaving me weaker than them. However, they ended up fighting over the factory and another nearby space, while I stayed back and built up my mechs and power as they depleted theirs.



I finally managed to take the factory and get a bunch of stars out. As we approached the end game Saxony was close to putting out their last star. I made a play to end the game first, using my factory card to accumulate a few extra resources I built my final upgrade and completed an objective to end the game.



I had successfully cut off a couple of Nordic Kingdoms mechs from the rest of their territory and driven a few of their workers home to acquire some last minute resources. I had also managed to get 3 buildings in a straight line for 6 points from the building bonus. This would prove to be crucial.



Meanwhile Saxony had 5 stars out, a bunch of territory and a whole bunch of cash on hand.



Final scores:



Nordic Kingdoms in 3rd with 55 points.



Polania (me) in 2nd with 56 points.



Saxony in 1st place with 62 points!

I am loving the experience of playing against two automas. Can't wait until September when Stonemaier will be selling extra automa decks so I can replace my PnP deck with a real one.
19 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stonemaier Games is going to sell Automa decks in September? Great news!

Another great session report Rev, thanks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good pictures.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Stonemaier Games is going to sell Automa decks in September? Great news!

Another great session report Rev, thanks!


Thanks!

Jamey has said they will be selling extra decks once all the KS parts replacements are dealt with. They may also consider doing an extra printing of the decks if enough people are interested.

You can fill out the checklist here to let them know you are interested in Automa decks (or extended boards, or metal coins, or anything else you would like to see them make available for purchase):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfeu-vkPKywrXOcVkr...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still playing my game of Scythe, so, in my mind, we're even again
Haven't played with Polania yet, that lake to lake movement looks cool.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Stonemaier Games is going to sell Automa decks in September? Great news!

Another great session report Rev, thanks!


Thanks!

Jamey has said they will be selling extra decks once all the KS parts replacements are dealt with. They may also consider doing an extra printing of the decks if enough people are interested.

You can fill out the checklist here to let them know you are interested in Automa decks (or extended boards, or metal coins, or anything else you would like to see them make available for purchase):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfeu-vkPKywrXOcVkr...


Submitted...thanks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rev,

Great report! Once I have an open day, I'm getting Scythe to the table against 1-2 Automa factions, as well. Your style is quite approachable...not a wall of words, but fantastic pictures and short, tight narratives!

Cheers,
Joe
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Rev,

Great report! Once I have an open day, I'm getting Scythe to the table against 1-2 Automa factions, as well. Your style is quite approachable...not a wall of words, but fantastic pictures and short, tight narratives!

Cheers,
Joe


Thanks Joe! Glad you are enjoying the posts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another exciting runthrough, Rev. Great stuff! I haven't had much time to play recently, but I'm looking forward to getting this back to the table and having some more adventures. For now, living vicariously through you. I also should mention how much we appreciate you (and the other Automa enthusiasts) jumping in when new players have questions. Cheers, David
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
Another exciting runthrough, Rev. Great stuff! I haven't had much time to play recently, but I'm looking forward to getting this back to the table and having some more adventures. For now, living vicariously through you. I also should mention how much we appreciate you (and the other Automa enthusiasts) jumping in when new players have questions. Cheers, David


No problem! I am off of work for a month, so I have lots of time to answer questions, I am just glad I am getting the answers right.

And thank you for helping to design such a great solo system for this game. While I have more multiplayer opportunities than usual lately, I do most of my gaming solo so this option made the game a must buy for me.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Solo play is a must for nearly all of my purchases!" Preach!

Cheers, Joe
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.