Clash of Cultures» Forums » General

Subject: game for hire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i would like to see Clash of Cultures debut on BGA (or any online game plataform), i dont know how does this work, but i would be happy to pay USD$500,00 for any developer(s) who could put it together.

requirments is:
- port the game to an online free to play platform (like GBA but not only)
- this requires the main rules and the alternative rules (see bgg for more clarifications)
- the base game and the expansion
- make it online, with rooms, and etc..
- easy server and client setup (i can provide the infrastructure, but i would like to be AWS, Azure and/or openstack compatible)

msg me, or mail me at emran.omar@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Not sure if you're the intellectual property owner... But I don't think you are able to pay someone into creating and publishing someone's copyrighted material into digital format without getting sued into the stratosphere by the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i understand that.

i already sent msg to zman, also, BGA has some way to figure it out the intelectual property.

i dont intend to re-sell it, just wanna play it remotlly with my friends, VASSAL already do the job for me, but it does not count the turns, actions, limits, and so on.

i wonder how the games in all of the online kind works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with BGA and perhaps they make the development process that easy. Coding games is not that easy, and will easily go beyond 50 hours of work. So your offer may not be big enough to attract any serious people. It might attract a college student who's learning and can use the project for a class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks for your reply.

See, this is quite different from regular coding, i own a IT company and i realy know that, but as i said this is different.

this does not have comercial purpose, i simply do not intend to profit from it, just want some automated engine for the game to play it online and make the process simpler, easier and more importante faster !! (some game took 6h, there is the set up, the undo, the "i miss that in order to build a fortress i must have the ´tactic´advancement".

so this is a side project, this is coding for the community, i am willingly to donate USD$500.00 and the outcome would be for all to share and use, if there is someone who can see it from this point of view, then thats grate, if not, i will keep trying.

i can up it a few bucks, but i realy would like people with real intrest in this to reply, not someone who has nothing to do with it and just post some reply for the sake of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your best approach is to contact sites like BGA and Yucata.de (my favourite) and see if any of them are interested and are willing to contact Zman. If they can get a license from Zman (small chance but who knows) then your $500 will probably help. Such sites have a list of licensed games for their developers to work on; if a game on that list has a $500 bounty, that can only help. But the big obstacle is getting the license from Zman. I can't think of any game from an American publisher that is free to play online though, so it would probably have to be a first for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how does it work regarding vassal and copyrights? if they can do it, i dont think it would be a problem to make any other version with no comercial purposes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.