BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: game for hire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i would like to see Clash of Cultures debut on BGA (or any online game plataform), i dont know how does this work, but i would be happy to pay USD$500,00 for any developer(s) who could put it together.

requirments is:
- port the game to an online free to play platform (like GBA but not only)
- this requires the main rules and the alternative rules (see bgg for more clarifications)
- the base game and the expansion
- make it online, with rooms, and etc..
- easy server and client setup (i can provide the infrastructure, but i would like to be AWS, Azure and/or openstack compatible)

msg me, or mail me at emran.omar@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
when you say it "requires the rules", do you mean you want it to embed the rulebook in some fashion, or to program the rules into the game so it limits you to legal moves, restricts you when it's not your turn, resolves combat, follows the sequence of play, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Since he said "on BGA", I guess this is programming the rules. I believe such work would be worth quite a bit more than 500 USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
imeant a functional and playable version that limits you by the rules.

eg. when collecting, if your city is size 2 and it is happy, you only can collect 3 resources, the resource it has to be adjacent, unless you have husbandry, and so on...

@Julien K, in japan maybe 500 usd is not much, but in argentina is a lot of money..., and if it is not worth it, how much it wold be ?
Also, this is not a propretary development, i intend to release it for free, i just want to be able to play it with lots of people, i think u r a smart guy and get the ideia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I live in Argentina, and $500 might get me through 10 days. Which is probably enough time to make a "dumb" game that does not know the rules, IF you leverage an existing platform to create it.

Then again, I have a family to support. A young bachelor, living at home with his parents, could probably make that $500 last him a month. Still not enough time to program in a game's rules. Not by a long shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heruca,
thank you for the reply.

Did you read the rules ? see the board game and etc... (components, varity, so on...), if YES, what would be your offer for the job ?

i need this:
- time to develop
- cost
- % in advance
- project success measures (acceptance and releas of the payment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Colombo
United States
Raleigh / Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
BlueLineGameStudios.com
badge
BlueLine Game Studios - Digital Tabletop games since 2011
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend 0% in advance. The number of games that people actually finish writing is very low. You may want to use escrow so that they know they'll get paid though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a brief look at the game photos, component count, etc.

I doubt I would go so far as to actually read the rules until I was more or less committed to working on it.

But first, let me ask you: do you even have the rights to produce such a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most developments on BGA are done for free by people who love the games.

Most important thing though, is do you have the rights to publish an online version of the game? Because if not, it's a non-starter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy_K wrote:
Most developments on BGA are done for free by people who love the games.

Most important thing though, is do you have the rights to publish an online version of the game? Because if not, it's a non-starter

I was sort of thinking this direction. I'm not a programmer and therefore not totally comfortable with this, but the online places have their own platforms. If you want it on BGA (or wherever) it would have to go through them. You can't just have someone program it and then decide it's going up at BGA. And as Andy said, the developments for these places are generally done voluntarily based on the site having someone available and being able to get permission. If someone develops for them anyway, maybe the $500 would be a good bonus incentive but... and this is a big but, that might affect the permission to do the game. I know some of the agreements at Yucata include them not going commercial, so things like that can make a difference. I'm considering you have not thought about or considered anything like this. You paying someone means they are making money off a game they don't own, and a company they don't work for.

As to permissions, this is just one example and one place, but Yucata can't get permission to do Z-Man games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.