Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I've noticed now since the removal of the Marine hit is that can actually be more beneficial to the French to target the Rigging when hoping for a Hull hit.

On the very low firepower (0 & <0 firepower) and shooting into the wind, the French can double their chances of a Hull hit because of their modifier and shooting into the wind give a +2 drm, whilst shooting at the Hull would be a -1 drm.

Overall, the difference of 3 results means there are more H results possible, or at least equal, and of course significantly less chance of missing entirely. This is true up to about the 4 Firepower column.

I'm wondering if this has moved the balance a little bit the French way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark,

We arbitrarily stated that the M hits would be exchanged with whatever was in the opposite column. Since playing the game this way, I haven't seen any substantial shift in effects (other than less griping about yet another pointless "M" hit).

In any case, the French usually need all the help they can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.