GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,604 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Tavarua» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Gnarly start to my solo campaign! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a solo gamer, but the campaign mode of this game really intrigued me, so I gave it a go. It had a pretty wild finish so I thought I'd share it:

I was on my second run, which started by catching a perfect 5 wave. When I was in the final spot before getting to shore, I noticed the wave card was a barrel. I instantly thought I should bail since I'd had a pretty sick run already AND I was on a longboard. Then I noticed that a had a move forward three card that would put me at the nose of my board. The barrel wouldn't affect my balance, so if the barrel were a three, I'd get 3 points for the card, 2 points for hanging ten, 5 points for the barrel, plus 2 for riding to shore. If I wiped out, I'd end up with a pretty sad run. I risked it, flipped over a barrel 3 card, & finished with a run of 9.5! That helped me win the competition & raise to rank 45 for the next event.

Very cool solo mode. Glad it was included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
I'm not a solo gamer, but the campaign mode of this game really intrigued me, so I gave it a go. It had a pretty wild finish so I thought I'd share it:

I was on my second run, which started by catching a perfect 5 wave. When I was in the final spot before getting to shore, I noticed the wave card was a barrel. I instantly thought I should bail since I'd had a pretty sick run already AND I was on a longboard. Then I noticed that a had a move forward three card that would put me at the nose of my board. The barrel wouldn't affect my balance, so if the barrel were a three, I'd get 3 points for the card, 2 points for hanging ten, 5 points for the barrel, plus 2 for riding to shore. If I wiped out, I'd end up with a pretty sad run. I risked it, flipped over a barrel 3 card, & finished with a run of 9.5! That helped me win the competition & raise to rank 45 for the next event.

Wow that's pretty awesome! This game is really amazing when luck in on your side

Also, are you able to download extra campaign sheets online or just photocopied the one from the rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rulebook gives the website where you can find a .pdf of the campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:

Nice! I pulled a very similar maneuver - except I was two spaces from the front of my board so I had to use a Stoke token to keep from wiping out. That's been my highest run to date!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so awesome Kevin! What a great finish, haha! Thanks for sharing man!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
Yes, the rulebook gives the website where you can find a .pdf of the campaign page.

Do you happen to have the link for the campaign page because for some reason it's not working for me. Am I doing something wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
kevster wrote:

Do you happen to have the link for the campaign page because for some reason it's not working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I just uploaded it here to BGG for easy access:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135047/tavarua-surfer-shee...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasachaz wrote:
provence wrote:
kevster wrote:

I just uploaded it here to BGG for easy access:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135047/tavarua-surfer-shee...

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers, -Cody

Got it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.