$30.00
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I love how The Networks scales, and I love that the single-player game is different than the 2-player & 3-player game, which is different than the 4-player & 5-player game. But one thing that gives me a sad-face is having to basically omit all eight of the drama shows & all four drama-centric actors if you are playing 2-player or 3-player. I will likely be playing The Networks primarily either 2-player or 3-player, which means I won't ever see those cards unless I break it out for solo play, or 4-to-5 player matches. Just a small sadness at missing out on an entire genre of shows in the game.

On the other hand, the Advanced cards and Interactive cards mean the game can be personalized even further depending on your game group, so maybe the pros-and-cons balance out in that regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Drama cards in a 3p game! Just remove Sitcoms, and all Stars with exclusively Sitcom conditions. The Former Comedian Gone Dramatic can stay, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to mix? 4 of each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Is it possible to mix? 4 of each?

I've never tried it. It would make getting the Genre Bonuses much harder, unless you considered Drama and Sitcom a single genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one way to put it. I'll definitely try it, and since only 4 of each of them are in, it raises the replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how it plays once you've tried it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmb
Oops!

Just played three player over the weekend (after my first play, two player).

We did not take any cards out.

After playing, then reading this, it didn't seem to affect anything on our end...perhaps not all shows coming out but I see that as a good thing.

Besides the genre bonuses, is there another reason to worry about not taking cards out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
Oops!

After playing, then reading this, it didn't seem to affect anything on our end...perhaps not all shows coming out but I see that as a good thing.

Besides the genre bonuses, is there another reason to worry about not taking cards out?

It really only affects the genre bonuses. If you leave the cards in, it doesn't break the game; it just makes getting the genre bonuses a little harder and more subject to random draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
bop517 wrote:
Oops!

It really only affects the genre bonuses. If you leave the cards in, it doesn't break the game; it just makes getting the genre bonuses a little harder and more subject to random draw.

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.